Problem Solved! Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Solved! Thank you

Hi i just bought the official jap samba de amigo box-set and when I try to use the maracas the computer doesn't seem to register that they are there I tried pressing the yellow buttons nothing Ive tried shaking the things nothing Ive tried everything I could imagine but nothing appears to change. It could be something simple but I cant make heads nor tales of the menus or the manual. Any Ideas as to what could be wrong?
    Cheers Jonathan
    Last edited by johnno15; 06-07-2006, 22:56.

Originally posted by johnno15
    Hi i just bought the official jap samba de amigo box-set and when I try to use the maracas the computer doesn't seem to register that they are there I tried pressing the yellow buttons nothing Ive tried shaking the things nothing Ive tried everything I could imagine but nothing appears to change. It could be something simple but I cant make heads nor tales of the menus or the manual. Any Ideas as to what could be wrong?
    Cheers Jonathan
    before you start the game how have you set your height?

Comment

To 190 which is right for me but correct me if I am wrong but the only way I get to set me height is when Im about to start a game and the only way I can do that is with my pad as the maracas dont seem to work.

Do you have to use a combination of both the pad and the maracas to start a game? or can you just use the maracas on there own using the yellow button as a makeshift start button?.

When I use the pad to get through the menus the game starts but only with player 2 playing and its saying at the bottom of the screen what I assume to be PLAYER 1 PRESS START but as Ive said I have tried all sorts of different combinations but the maracas dont appear to be doing anything.

Comment

To 190 which is right for me but correct me if I am wrong but the only way I get to set me height is when Im about to start a game and the only way I can do that is with my pad as the maracas dont seem to work.

Do you have to use a combination of both the pad and the maracas to start a game? or can you just use the maracas on there own using the yellow button as a makeshift start button?.

When I use the pad to get through the menus the game starts but only with player 2 playing and its saying at the bottom of the screen what I assume to be PLAYER 1 PRESS START but as Ive said I have tried all sorts of different combinations but the maracas dont appear to be doing anything.
        are you using the maraccas above the floor sensor - you giant of men

feck i'm 174cm (5ft 10)

you also dont need a combination of the controller and the maraccas, just move one of the maraccas height and it should scroll through the options and push the button on the maracca to select it

Comment

buster - he can't just move the maraccas to set the height because the whole point of the thread is that the maraccas don't work!

Comment

I hope this doesnt come across as condesending, but have you checked the maracas are properly connected into the sensor bar? As I know that I once thought I had put them in properly when in fact I hadnt. They are quite stiff to put all the way in.

Also, check that all the 'pins' in the maracas connectors are straight and not bent/broken. Check that the sensor 'blocks' that are on the wires below the maracas are intact - and that they are over the sensor bar when in use, as thats were the readings/measurements actually come from - not the maracas themselves.

Also, check that the sensor bar is plugged into controller port 1 of the console

Here a link to the USA Samba De Amigo game manual in pdf:-
            http://www.sega.com/support/manuals/...migoManual.pdf

If all that fails id guess that the maracas are defective im afraid
            Good luck

<EDIT> Here a link to someone who got a copy a while ago, and has numerous pictures showing the setup - the main one that may be of use to you is the maracas instructions picture which I couldnt find anywhere else online:-
            http://the-dreamcast-junkyard.blogsp...nside-out.html
            Last edited by Link83; 06-07-2006, 17:09.

Comment

when I try to use the maracas the computer doesn't seem to register that they are there
              I just noticed that you said 'computer' and not 'Dreamcast' If you are trying to use them with something like a 'magic box' on your PC you will probably have trouble as many of them dont support the maracas...

Comment

Originally posted by Link83
                I just noticed that you said 'computer' and not 'Dreamcast' If you are trying to use them with something like a 'magic box' on your PC you will probably have trouble as many of them dont support the maracas...
                Lol no its a dreamcast but you were right I hadnt pushed them in properly DOH!
                Cheers Everyone Im just a bit special

Comment

Glad I could be of help Hope you enjoy Samba, its one of my all time favourite games. Once you get in the samba swing im sure you'll be loving it in no time at all. Just dont get put off by people watching/feeling embarassed when you play it - like some people do....I mean, I wouldnt dream of closing all the doors and curtains or anything, and only playing at 3am...

I just hope Sega release a version for the next generation consoles - I think it would be perfect with the Wii controllers...
                  Last edited by Link83; 06-07-2006, 23:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Link83
                    Glad I could be of help Hope you enjoy Samba, its one of my all time favourite games. Once you get in the samba swing im sure you'll be loving it in no time at all. Just dont get put off by people watching/feeling embarassed when you play it - like some people do....I mean, I wouldnt dream of closing all the doors and curtains or anything, and only playing at 3am...

I just hope Sega release a version for the next generation consoles - I think it would be perfect with the Wii controllers...
                    Nah it doesn't bother me at all and you are right its seems to be a great game its also great for burning calories Im gonna cancel my gym membership and samba for an hour a day

Comment

Working...
                    X