The arcade stick query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The arcade stick query

I've just acquired a proper arcade stick (as in all Sanwa parts) after having spent most of my life with a variety of gamepads. I understand there may be a bit of learning curve but I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to hold the ball top for maximum performance, comfort etc.?

Would anyone care to enlighten this stick virgin?
    Last edited by Combination; 12-07-2006, 20:25. Reason: sp

All down to personal preference, I think.

I always hold mine with the ball between my thumb, index, and middle finger and then if I need to just rest the ball of my hand on the main body of the controller. Works well enough for me, though I fully expect to be told that I'm doing it completely wrong.

Comment

Jeez, this isn't a science. If it works for you then great.
      Did anyone tell Hendrix his guitar was upside down?

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever
        I always hold mine with the ball between my thumb, index, and middle finger and then if I need to just rest the ball of my hand on the main body of the controller.
        Same here. There's a learning curve, but once you're used to it, you'll never go back to using a pad.

Comment

your sopposed hold your ball with your thumb and forefinger with the other hand palm resting on the base.

Comment

I hold mine with my thumb on the right hand side of the ball and a little towards the back (it falls there naturally due to the angle of the arm coming inwards a little. My forefinger curls over the top to support the front and then I curl my middle finger backwards so I touch the left hand side with the knuckle of my middle finger. Bit weird I know, but seems so comfy for extended play.

Comment

I hold the stiuck much the same as other descriptions here, however for fancy dan beat 'em up moves I usually do the quick switch and use my entire palm straight down on top of the ball.

Most homo-erotic thread evar.

Comment

Without sounding too much like masturbation advice, I use it with my palm face up, stick between my middle and ring finger and then my thumb goes kind of wherever it rests on the top/side of the ball.
                Mmm you like that, don't you

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm really getting off...err...on with it now!

Comment

Working...
                  X