PacketShaper on uni campus..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PacketShaper on uni campus..

I was wondering if anybody knew of a way of getting round PacketShaper's limiting network performance?

It doesnt allow me to connect to file sharing programs as it blocks the connection and torrents can not be started.

I doubt it, thats what Packetshaper is designed to do.

Comment

Just left it running for a short while and ive come back to some of my torrents now running!

I set the port to random in utorrent and it seems to have done the trick, if it is slow (10 kb/s) utleast it has worked.

Comment

I suppose they can only block a certain amount of ports.

Comment

Packetshapers aren't just for blocking ports, but for throttling traffic in general. They will be limiting all kinds of P2P traffic

Comment

It takes a couple of hours before some seeds start to get through, if there are 100 seeds I will only have 1 or 2 so its still slow as you like.

Comment

i always had this problem at keele uni, superfast connection but they blocked any sort of p2p/torrent. also limited to 500mb a day limit!

Comment

They are blocked in my building, but I'm glad.
                It almost stops those tossers from using all the bandwidth 24/4 so I can't ever get a good game of anything online.

Comment

I'd becareful if you're downloading at uni, you're not anonymous, you're leaving a paper trail everywhere you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X