Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asian Megadrive

Hey,

Can someone fill me in on what these can and cant do?

Cheers

Basically its just a Japanese Megadrive that outputs 50hz PAL instead of 60hz NTSC.

Because its got the same shape cartridge slot as a Japanese model it'll take all cartridge without reshaping the slot / using a bridge adaptor.

It also outputs Japanese language instead of English on the multi-language games.

Get it 50/60hz switched and Jap/Eng switched and you've got yourself the ideal machine.

Comment

Cheers mate

Do all meagdrives output RGB?

Comment

Asian megadrives come in two flavours

PAL - English
        NTSC - English

The general ones are PAL.

All of them look like the Japanese machines and have Japanese cartridge holes, they may or may not have cartridge lock mechs in them (this is a simple to remove piece of plastic). (Thats what I meant, ive been working toooo hard).

All megadrives can be converted so if you want a multi region one then buy a cheap MD1 and convert that.

Comment

Originally posted by MD
          All of them look like the Japanese machines and have Japanese cartridge holes, so you can use Japanese, Asian carts but not UK / US ones without a convertor or cutting chunks out of it.
          Just to avoid any confusion, i'd just like to point out that i don't think thats true.
          Japanese and i presume all Asian Megadrives will take any shape cartridge without being modified.

Those models have a purely rectangular slot and don't have the cut outs that a UK Megadrive or Genesis have.

Comment

hmm confused me a bit, I have an Asian PAL version, and UK carts fit in no problem.

Just wanted to know what else it played.

Comment

Doh! I meant to say Cartridge locks, I'm tired and stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X