PSP - Battery drain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP - Battery drain?

Last time i played my U.S PSP i left it with the battery at approx 70% charged. I've just booted it up tonight, after a couple weeks of non play, and have found the battery has gone down to 8%
    This has happened a couple of times now, does the battery drain when it's not in use? Is this normal or is my PSP on the piss, like i've just discovered my Media Centre Xbox is?

Are you powering it down properly or just putting it into Sleep Mode?

Comment

Mine does exactly the same thing, even when it's powered down.

Comment

Yeah i'm definately powering it down properly C'. Glad to hear it's not just mine then Spatial, hoping it's a standard thing. Anyone else?

Comment

not happened here (JPN PSP), you should start removing the battery if not planning on using your PSP for a while.

Comment

I've had the same thing with my PSP too! Sometimes if I leave it long enough it won't even turn on without charging! Strange but true!

Comment

It definitely happens with mine. I had a good 50% in the battery, left it for a few months without playing it, and when I went back it was completely flat. I had to leave it charging for a couple of hours before it would even boot up when plugged in.

Comment

I've not really noticed this on my Japanese one. Certainly if I leave it in standby (quick flip of the power switch) it does drain out after a few days. Powering it down completley (prolonged sliding of the switch) seems to save it from this problem, although it's possible that the battery is draining down slightly even when completely powered down over a long period. (I tend not to pay much attention to the battery level).

Comment

I think this makes them last longer - Happens with 360 wireless pads too - switch them off in a dark room and look at the ring of light - it uses just a teeny bit of power - weird.

Prob happens with DS too just that the much better battery life makes it less obvious !

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever
                    I had to leave it charging for a couple of hours before it would even boot up when plugged in.
                    Really? Whenever I plug it in it works straight away, not matter how long I've left it.

Comment

Yeah. That was using my USB charger though which I don't think relays as much power as plugging it into the mains because it takes an absolute age to charge.

Comment

Working...
                      X