Is this model of PS2 Ok for chipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this model of PS2 Ok for chipping?

Hi, in a couple of months time, I'll be hopefully getting my machine chipped. The PS2 is PAL region and the model no is: SCPH 35003. Will this be Ok? - or will I have to buy a new one .

http://www.playstationchips.co.uk/pages/versions.html will help you work out which version you have. I think that www.londonconsole.com will deal with V5 onwards, though you can technically chip any version, but it is more difficult with the earlier ones.

Comment

Thanks for the link - I think my model is V4, because the Expansion Bay has metal situated on the top of it. It also came in the Limited Edition GT3 box (when they were first released). So, would this still be Ok?.

Comment

yes its a version 4 ps2 . i have one chipped with messiah and it works fine.

ideally chip installers like to install on version 5 ps2s, upwards becuase the lens on the ps2 can wear out but mine hasn't.
        if your gonna play imports on it and not copies then it will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by wod
          yes its a version 4 ps2 . i have one chipped with messiah and it works fine.

ideally chip installers like to install on version 5 ps2s, upwards becuase the lens on the ps2 can wear out but mine hasn't.
          if your gonna play imports on it and not copies then it will be fine.
          Ah, that's a relief. Well, so far the laser on mine's been fine (no trouble ever since I bought it). Plus it's for original import software only if I do get it chipped and if someone can do it.

Comment

Working...
          X