Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got a Saturn for the first time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a Saturn for the first time....

What the hell should I get with it?!?

Never had one, and never really wanted one to be honest. But my mate gave me one the other day with a few games. I wanna try out whats there but never really looked into the console at all so my knowledge of it and the games isnt the broadest.

He gave me the console with Fighting Vipers, some NBA 97 game, A virtua Fighter 2 box with a game called Virtual Hydrlide inside and HOTD1 with the gun.

Im interested in picking up some PAL games for it, dont wanna pay too much for them at all, its it's really just a curiosity- what can you recommend me?

sega rally!!!!

Comment

Depends what you like, really. But...

Nights into Dreams
      Saturn Bomberman
      Baku Baku Animal
      Panzer Dragoon Zwei

If you find you like it, get it modded to play CD-Rs. A whole new world of Japanese shooting goodness awaits.

Comment

If you can still find someone to do it (unless you can do it yourself, of course) get the switches put on it so that you can choose between regions and 50/60Hz. Then get hold of some of the Capcom 2D fighters from Japan and enjoy the best versions available outside the arcade.

Also one game that you can probably get quite cheaply that I had an unhealthy love of is Fighters Megamix. It's odd because I was never a huge fan of Virtua Fighter or Fighting Vipers but I couldn't put that one down. I think I paid ?10 for a new Japanese copy a few years back.

Comment

There's loadsa classic shooters for the saturn that are worth having. You're best of checking one of the many saturn threads in the retro forum.

Elevator Action, Metal Slug and the Parodius series are my personal saturn faves.

Comment

If you have the gun its law you must own Virtua cop 1&2!

Comment

Working...
            X