Japanese RF outputting devices (Famicom, PCE) on Euro TVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese RF outputting devices (Famicom, PCE) on Euro TVs

Just wondering if they work at all or if the RF channel they are on wont be supported...

I've a PCE that I had a quick fiddle with on my bog-standard TV and couldnt get a picture from (but I know it is working) and I'm wondering if I'm just being numb or the same thing would happen from an original Famicom (RF only again).

Is it possible to just plug either of them in and set the tuner to go find them like you would any broadcast channel?

You should get a picture. My t.v automatically found my PC engine signal.

Comment

This is from ntsc-uk TV compatibility guide:

Some NTSC consoles have been modified to play through the RF connector to a PAL TV. The frequency that an NTSC signal is broadcasted is 3.85MHz, whereas the PAL frequency is 4.43MHz. The console is modified to transmit the higher frequency.
      This modified signal is sometimes called Quasi PAL because the line and frame rate remain at NTSC standard (525/60hz).

Comment

Most tv's in the pal region wont find a ntsc signal via rf. If your tv is higher end spec, then you can sometimes get a signal but there will still be problems.

The sound & video are on different frequencies. so on my tv i can get either a decent pic via ntsc rf or sound with no pic but not both together.

Your best bet is finding a av modded famicom or rgb modded pce.

Comment

Working...
        X