SNES mod recommendations please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNES mod recommendations please

Can anyone recommend a good company or person that would modify a UK PAL SNES to play US games? Thanks.

-Hunter

Originally posted by Hunter
    Can anyone recommend a good company or person that would modify a UK PAL SNES to play US games? Thanks.

-Hunter
    Can I recommend myself? 8)

Comment

Can you make me an RGB cable that will run on my PAL SNES that's been 60hz modded though?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
        Can you make me an RGB cable that will run on my PAL SNES that's been 60hz modded though?
        Yes I certainly could Mr. Fallows, do you already have a cable which gives a dark black-ish picture?

If you do, all you need to do is remove the capacitors on the red, green and blue lines, I do have a couple of scarts knocking about, so if you need a cable which is RGB for the SNES, drop me a pm, I believe we live in the same town aswell, how handy is that?

Comment

Woah! Mint! Yeah, I've bought some Neo-Geo cables from you before mate offa ebay.

I get paid next monday so I'll drop you a msg then mate. Cheers.

I do already have a cable - but it gives an almost black picture.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
            Woah! Mint! Yeah, I've bought some Neo-Geo cables from you before mate offa ebay.

I get paid next monday so I'll drop you a msg then mate. Cheers.

I do already have a cable - but it gives an almost black picture.
            Ahaha! I knew it was you, I think I got my dad to drop it through your letterbox

Your cable can just be easily altered

Comment

im just about ready to big up Mr jelly after My SNES comes back from him!

should be good for business i guess i might get some pics up here as well

Comment

Mr Destrukticor your SNES is ready!

Here is a few pics, it will be sent back to you today..

(Overview)

(PPU 1, PPU 2 & Lockout area)

(The rear, where the switches are fixed)

(Yoshis Island, in full speed 60hz, full screen, and beautiful RGB)

(Super Bright Blue LED - looks better not on a photo, and the widened cartridge slot)

(Switches tucked away, nice - left hand side lockout enable/disable, right hand side 50/60hz)

Comment

lovely

obviously i will leave feedback but for everyone else this man has been fantastic throught the long story of the snes mod

brilliant service

Comment

How much does it all cost, including postage, mate?

Comment

(Yoshis Island, in full speed 60hz, full screen, and beautiful RGB)
                      With the picture distorted

Great looking mod though - very clean work!

Comment

Originally posted by gordon
                        How much does it all cost, including postage, mate?
                        About ?20, I also sell the modified SNES RGB scart cables, they would be about ?7

Originally posted by Lyris
                        With the picture distorted

Great looking mod though - very clean work!
                        Its just the effect from my camera - cameras aint too good at taking pictures of a screen refreshing at 60 times a second my TV is on the blink though, sometimes part of the screens colours mix, and quite often it puts itself on standby, maybe if I do enough mods I can buy a new telly

Comment

Actually I meant how the game was stretched out (that's a widescreen TV, right?)

I love the blue LED. I tried to do that to my Dreamcast and.. well.... now it has NO LED

Comment

lovely work

cannot recommend enough and will now never play a pal SNES game again

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris
                              Actually I meant how the game was stretched out (that's a widescreen TV, right?)

I love the blue LED. I tried to do that to my Dreamcast and.. well.... now it has NO LED
                              Oh right.. yeah, its in widescreen.. thats usually how I play stuff, so it fits the screen

NO LED, lol, thats a shame. Replacing an LED is so easy, I cant imagine why some websites out there charge a fiver.. *cough* *ahem* *cough* mentioning no names

Comment

Working...
                              X