No announcement yet.

Recommend me a cheap upscaling DVD player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't the 360 upscale DVDs to 720p? I stuck one into my 360 the other day and it looked blown up and fuzzy just as it would if I was playing it on my PC. Both are connected to the same W/S 20" LCD monitor.

Comment

My 360 using component plays DVDs at 576p

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
        Doesn't the 360 upscale DVDs to 720p? I stuck one into my 360 the other day and it looked blown up and fuzzy just as it would if I was playing it on my PC. Both are connected to the same W/S 20" LCD monitor.
        From what I've been told / read the 360 upscales if you use a VGA cable (upscaling it to whatever resolution you've selected) but if you use component cables the best you can do is 480P/576P.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy
          From what I've been told / read the 360 upscales if you use a VGA cable (upscaling it to whatever resolution you've selected) but if you use component cables the best you can do is 480P/576P.
          I use VGA so that'll be why then. It didn't used to upscale - when I first got my launch 360 and tried a DVD it was horribly blocky. Now though, it's blurry.

Comment

That's weird, maybe it's because of a difference in resolution between your monitor and the 360 output? Upscaled dvd playback though the 360 on both my monitor and my sony lcd tv looks pin sharp.

Comment

I have the Samsung HD 860(?70) and its ace, no problems with it at all.

I have it connected to my 26" Samsung via a QED HDMI lead and the picture is fantastic.

Would totally recommend.

Comment

Working...
              X