Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Lite vs Jap Lite, why is the Jap screens brighter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Lite vs Jap Lite, why is the Jap screens brighter?

Decided to buy myself a UK DS today, I have a Jap one, but it has several dead pixels. I was gonna send the Jap one to Nintendo & have it replaced, but have noticed the screens on the Jap DS are noticeably brighter compared to the UK DS. Are we yet again getting inferior goods, or am I just being too picky?!

Nah I don't think it's a case of the UK being shafted.

I remember a member posted a couple of weeks back saying the exact opposite to you (the screens on his Japanese Lite were noticeably duller than those on his UK Lite). Someone replied with a suggestion Nintendo are using 2 different screen manufacturers but that's most likely just a rumour.

Comment

I've also noticed the touch screen on the UK version has a bit more grip to it. Not as shiny as the Jap one. Playing US Brain training on the UK DS recognises the word "Blue" as well!

Comment

TBH I had a Navy Blue Jp one and got a white UK one, didn't notice any difference in the screen colour BUT the surrounding coour of the actual unit makes it appear to be a different level of brightness. Best way to test it is to use them both at the same time in a completely dark room.

Comment

Originally posted by Blair
          TBH I had a Navy Blue Jp one and got a white UK one, didn't notice any difference in the screen colour BUT the surrounding coour of the actual unit makes it appear to be a different level of brightness. Best way to test it is to use them both at the same time in a completely dark room.
          Yeah, that's what I did. My UK DS is definately duller compared to the Jap DS. It's about half a notch brighter!

Comment

Working...
          X