I can't download SF for 360 - Help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't download SF for 360 - Help me!

As above... I can't understand why I can't download this. I see that some of my mates have downloaded it fine but when I download it, it stays stuck at 1% then says this and also mentions in a pop up window...
    can't download full game - Street Fighter II' HF

Help me please... I'm so eager to play SF and I've been trying for the past 4 hours!
    Last edited by phillai; 02-08-2006, 21:53.

Bilal asked me to download the trial 1st but still the same thing has happened! Someone help me please?

Comment

I think that's the error message that people get randomly from time to time - I think Spags had it a while back?

If it's the same thing you might have to leave it a day or so and try again. It should then mysteriously work

Comment

If trying it again doesn't seem to work, it sounds like the file has become corrupted. Go into the file manager thing in the system blade, delete the download, and try it again - it should hopefully work.

Comment

That is a common problem with 360 XBox Live. I had that exact problem, and that exact error code for a while a few weeks ago. Demos, videos, trailers, anything would refuse to download. They would get to 1% then time-out.

The way to work-around it is thus:

- Firstly, if you have already tried to download it, you might want to try going into your HDD/Memory card settings and downloading the "incomplete file". I never had any for demos, but always had them for videos/trailers. It doesn't make any difference in this case, because its a server problem, not a damaged file.

- Goto Marketplace and select SFII. It will kick-off the download and instantly goto 1%. Wait approx 10 seconds, and cancel the download. The blade will close, and go back to the downloads menu.

- Go into SFII and select "Download again".

This SHOULD allow you to download it. It didn't fix it 100%, but more often that not this allowed me to download the game/file etc. It hasn't happened to me for a while now so it should fix itself over the next few days. It's basically an Xbox Live server issue/bug that needs ironing out.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Well guys, I might have sussed out my problem and being able to play in the next few minutes... I cleared the Xbox 360 cache and it's downloading fine now!
            The Xbox 360 has a clear cache feature, following the Spring Dashboard Update. The clear cache feature is not visible from any of the Dashboard's menus, so it must be accessed using a series of button combinations. To clear the cache on your Xbox 360, do the following:

- At the 360's memory selection screen (system blade), press the "Y" button while on the memory or HDD option.
            - Press the following button sequence: X, X and the left bumper (LB), right bumper (RB), X, X.
            - A pop-up says maintenance will be performed on your Xbox 360.
            - Answer "yes" to clear the cache.

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
              Well guys, I might have sussed out my problem and being able to play in the next few minutes... I cleared the Xbox 360 cache and it's downloading fine now!
              The Xbox 360 has a clear cache feature, following the Spring Dashboard Update. The clear cache feature is not visible from any of the Dashboard's menus, so it must be accessed using a series of button combinations. To clear the cache on your Xbox 360, do the following:

- At the 360's memory selection screen (system blade), press the "Y" button while on the memory or HDD option.
              - Press the following button sequence: X, X and the left bumper (LB), right bumper (RB), X, X.
              - A pop-up says maintenance will be performed on your Xbox 360.
              - Answer "yes" to clear the cache.
              You should only do this if a Microsoft support agent has instructed you to do so - it'll clear out any patches etc for games you already own and possibly have other side-effects.

It should just have had the same effect as deleting, then re-downloading the file. (iirc)

Comment

I kept getting that message last month, and then realised I had no disc space left! Might have been the same with yours.

Comment

Yeah I usally get that message when there is no space in the harddrive.
                  Never had the message any other time.

Comment

I was going to say judging by the number of downloaded demos behind that blade space is probably the issue !!!

Comment

Has been confirmed by MajorNelson that Error: 80070003 is lack of space

Comment

What is error code 80070003 ?

With all of the new content that has been released on the Xbox Live Marketplace, I noticed that some people are getting the cryptic and mysterious ?Status code: 80070003? as pictured above. This usually means that you do not have enough free space on your storage device. You can easily check how much space you have on your storage devices by going to the System Blade->Memory. You?ll see a list of your memory devices, and how much room is available on each device. What you need to do is delete items from your storage device to make room. (Directions on how to do this here) Once you have done that you can go back in to the Marketplace and download the content you?d like.

Why don?t we say something simple like ?Your memory device is full?? Got me?but I told the programmers they should change this error to something a little more, well, human friendly.

Comment

Working...
                        X