Frets on Fire - Guitar Hero clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frets on Fire - Guitar Hero clone

Couldn't see that this had already been posted, it's a free guitar hero clone for windows and linux, there are only a few songs but it has some sort of import function (haven't tried it though).

Youtube video of the game:
    This is a short demonstration of the Assembly'06 GameDev competition entry called Frets On Fire. You can download the full game at http://www.unrealvoodoo.org.

That's great. The tracks and actual sound quality are better than GH!

Bonus points for holding the keyboard like a guitar with a USB extension cable.

Comment

Ahah, got my Guitar Hero plastic guitar up and running with this now. Really good fun. Hopefully we'll see more quality tracks soon.

Comment

I've never played GH so this is all new to me, I can do 2 of the 3 pretty well on easy but 'This Week I've Been Mostly Playing Guitar' is still beyond me at the mo.

I've been following the comments on the main site and it seems that a few fan-made songs are popping up, only tried this one so far and it's a bit too fast for me.

more here:

edit: I'm really impressed with the user made tracks so far, only Hard Rock Hallelujah (corrupted zip) and Rock and Roll Part 2 (no frets) don't work for me. The hosted files seem to be much better than the external links. My favourite so far would have to be Sweet Memories of Earth (apparently from Duck Tales on the NES).
        Last edited by Edame; 08-08-2006, 00:10.

Comment

Working...
        X