Best Lead for Megadrive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Lead for Megadrive?

Just wondering whats the best type of lead to get for picture quality, ive seen some scarts floating around on ebay. but i dont know whether to trust those or not, anyone have any recommendations?

I picked up a scart for my MD 1 and it gives a better picture than my RF that's for sure.

Comment

I bought a RGB scart from VGI. Prolly more expensive than ebay but it's excellent.

Comment

It's best to get an RGB scart cable with the phono lead that plugs into the console to give stereo sound. Makes a world of difference. The exact same setup is perfect for Neo Geo AES which is a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle
          It's best to get an RGB scart cable with the phono lead that plugs into the console to give stereo sound. Makes a world of difference. The exact same setup is perfect for Neo Geo AES which is a bonus.
          Assuming he means the MD1 mind.

MD2 doesn't need this.

Comment

You need an RGB Scart Cable.

You dont state which Megadrive you have (Megadrive 1 or Megadrive 2) and the two obviously have different A/V connectors on the back.

The Megadrive 2 RGB Scarts will all be the same, but for the Megadrive 1 the best cable is (as stated above) is the one which has an audio jack coming out of the circular connector, this plugs into the headphone port of the Megadrive 1 to give true stereo sound, as the Megadrive 1 does not output stereo from the circular connector, it only outputs mono.

I have made a lot of these cables, so obviously I can vouch for the quality of my cables, I take my time and make them like I made my own cables that I use, I've sold a few to forum members here im sure, I dont have any on eBay at the moment, but if you PM me with your requirements im sure we can work out a special deal for you.. I have some feedback in the feedback forum on here too..

Cheers!

Oh and the Megadrive 1 Stereo RGB Scart can be used for the Neo Geo as well, but I wouldnt recommend it as there are some subtle differences between the two cables, plus switching between the two over time will stress the pins of the connector, which may result in them breaking off!

Comment

thanks for your help guys. the reason im asking this because i dont have a megadrive at the mo, thinking about buying another one on the cheap, of course i use to have one many years ago but i sold it. feel like playing sor2 on a big telly. just wondering what scart to get etc before i buy one. chaoticjelly, when i do get one i'll be sure to give you a pm. hopefully i will be able to get the old megadrive, i never did like the look of the md-II.

Comment

Ace

I could supply the Megadrive as well if you want.. I've got loads of the bloody things.. I could fit one out with 50/60hz switch and ENG/JPN switch with a widened cartridge slot 8)

Comment

Working...
                X