MD Picture Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MD Picture Quality

Hi, I've got an Asain Mega Drive that's been modded with 50/60hz and txt switches. It's hooked up to the TV with an RGB scart lead. The problem is that the picture is way too bright. Turning the brightness down on the telly doesn't really help as it just makes the picture very 'muggy' (if you know what I mean).
    Do any of you guys know how I could sort it out as it is ruining the console for me (and I've just bought Snatcher for the MCD!!!)?

Any help would be genuinely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I once had this problem too. The RGB cable needs modification. It needs a resistor added to each of the R, G and B lines (75 ohm I think it was) to get the picture brightness down to the correct level. If you're not quite sure how to do it yourself, maybe someone here can help you out.

Comment

Ok thanks for the info. I think I should be able to do that without too much dificulty.
      Thakns again

Can anyone verify that it is definately 75 ohm resistors bofore I start runing my scart lead
      Last edited by BigDeadFreak; 11-08-2006, 01:00.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak
        Ok thanks for the info. I think I should be able to do that without too much dificulty.
        Thakns again

Can anyone verify that it is definately 75 ohm resistors bofore I start runing my scart lead
        Yep, Abhisara is right.. its the resistors, and yes, its 75 ohms on each of the Red, Green and Blue lines..

You probably bought the cable off one of the dodgy ebay sellers? Theres a few of them around now.. *sigh* they literally have no clue how to construct these leads.. all they see is the $$$

Send it me and I'll check it and fix it if you want.. just pay the postage..

Comment

Originally posted by chaoticjelly
          Yep, Abhisara is right.. its the resistors, and yes, its 75 ohms on each of the Red, Green and Blue lines..

You probably bought the cable off one of the dodgy ebay sellers? Theres a few of them around now.. *sigh* they literally have no clue how to construct these leads.. all they see is the $$$

Send it me and I'll check it and fix it if you want.. just pay the postage..
          Wow, thanks, that would be great. I'll PM you and sort out the details if thats ok.

Comment

Working...
          X