Laptop burning.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop burning.....

Basically, I think my laptop has had it.

When I put the mains into the system, the light on the power pack flashes, there is a severe burning smell from the laptop and the plug gets real hot real quick.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?
    Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 13-08-2006, 15:12.

Is it the laptop thats burning or the power supply?

Recently my bosses laptop stopped working and a burning smell came out of it, we took it to bits and a small chip had melted. Only thing we could do was salvage processor/ram/HD etc. Sorry

Comment

It's the actual laptop. Gonna disassemble it later and see what I can salvage. I think all I'll do is take out the HD, ram, dvd-r drive and then flog the rest as spares.

Can I use the HD in a normal PC though? I know it won't fit, but is there an adaptor that it can slot into?

Comment

yep

Comment

It's the day for appliances to smell of burning! Check out the console section of this thread!! (Ask teh forum)

Comment

hdd probs?

http://www.micom.co.uk/product.php?cats=HDD

Have a look there for caddy's and enclosures you can use with your hdd.

Check ebay too, some are pretty smart and have handles etc so they're extra portable!

8)

Comment

Wasn't a Dell was it?

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Working...
              X