Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That'll be really handy, thanks Sane.

Comment

Found a source that'll tell you whether some PAL games support 60hz and widescreen or not - thought it might be worth putting here.

http://www.smoothartist.com/cube/games.php

Just a quick question though, it has Mario sunshine and mario kart marked as supporting 60hz but when I play them I don't get the option to display in 60hz, does it detect that my TV can display at 60hz and configure it automatically?

Comment

Not heard of any game doing that tbh. A few PAL games are 60Hz only (such as MP2) but it's only recently that's been happening.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88
          I'm not too sure on the PAL60 vs NTSC dilemma. I think it's basically the colour carrier difference and amount of lines. NTSC signals tend to be brighter and use (beat with me here this will sound pretty crap) less lines on a TV set. A PAL60 signal will use a greater number of lines and tends to be ever-so-slighty clearer. I personally think NTSC actually looks better full-stop but some people disagree.

I'd suggest gamefaqs.com may be your best bet for N64 lists.
          I think Perfect Dark was optimised, and possibly Banjo Tooie; it tended to be the later games. Super Mario 64 is'nt optimised (huge borders!) nor is Waverace as for the rest sorry I can't be of more help.
          A small correction here - PAL60 has the same number of lines as NTSC (525) and the same refresh rate as NTSC (60 Hz), but it uses PAL's colour palette, so it's basically NTSC with PAL's colours

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo
            Just a quick question though, it has Mario sunshine and mario kart marked as supporting 60hz but when I play them I don't get the option to display in 60hz, does it detect that my TV can display at 60hz and configure it automatically?
            I replaced mine with the US versions a while back but the PAL versions do support 60hz. I was sure you were asked if your tv supported 60hz when they 1st booted up though. Only the very earliest 1st party games (Luigi's Mansion & Waverace I think) were 50hz only.

Do the manuals not say anything about 60hz mode? If not you could always try holding down the B button whilst booting the games as that's what you do to enable prog scan mode in ntsc games. Might be something similar.

Comment

Just had a check now and Mario Kart does give you the option for 60hz when you boot it up. It gives you a few seconds to select, but as i'm usually fiddling about with the scarts at the back of the TV or finding the remote etc, I just miss it. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
              X