Best 360 racer (aside from RR6)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best 360 racer (aside from RR6)?

Just waiting on my 360 shipping and although I have already ordered Ridge Racer 6, I'm looking for another racer.
    I know there are quite a few and was looking for a bit of advice really.

To be honest, the one that has got my attention most so far is Shutokou Battle X. However I need to clear a few things up. Firstly, I know the Shutokou Battle series is linked to the PS2 Kaido Battle series in terms of gameplay, developer and so on.
    I have Kaido Battle 2 on the PS2 and while I enjoy it, the gameplay and handling is a bit too "hardcore" for my tastes. Not that I don't like simulation racing games (I love the GT series for example), but it felt like I had to do the same races over and over and over and it was a bit bloody hard to be honest.

Now I know Kaido Battle is a drift racer and Shutokou is more of a highway racer but are there similarities in the handling of the two games? Also, just confirming but Shutokou JP works on an Asian 360, correct?

Aside from that, feel free to recommend me any other 360 racers.

Cheers guys

Shotokou Battle X is, without a doubt, my favourite racer on the 360 at the moment.

Handling is less realistic compared to the Kaido Battle series. You can drift the car without even trying on Shotokou, while on Kaido Battle you really do have to have patience to learn the car's controls.

Comment

Shutokou Battle X just because its not PGR3 and i cant pick RR6

Comment

Another vote for Shutokou here

The PAL version of Shutokou is out in October and being published by Ubisoft is very likely to be region free. The JPN version is very nice but I sold it when I heard a PAL version was coming out, english language FTW

Comment

There's no other option than Project Gotham Racing 3.

Nothing else on 360 comes close.

Comment

Shutokou X is superb, it's initially a bit confusing due to the lack of cars but once you get into it you realise the reasons behind it. Really an incredible game, beautiful graphics too! Can't see why people slate the graphics, they're amazing. And something that isn't mentioned often, the AI is absolutely brilliant this time around. If you edge towards a traffic car at normal speed they start to move towards the edges, you can swerve at them and they move etc. The enemy AI doesn't try to ram you to death as well, and seeing them smash into stuff is a lot less common. A big improvement!

A worrying factor about PAL Shuto is that Ubisoft confirmed it won't be Shuto, but a similar game using the same engine. Uh oh! Likely just means they've changed the name of Rolling Guy to Rapping Guy and set it to a cockrock soundtrack though. Can't imagine them wanting to do much else, unless they bring back the horrible California numberplates for cars.

Comment

I have to say I love Burnout Revenge on 360 for a bit of mindless fun.

Comment

Working...
              X