UK Psu on Jap Megadrive??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Psu on Jap Megadrive??

Pretty sure I know the answer to this one but have not had a Japanese Megadrive in a while, so my question is: can I use a UK PSU on a Jap (not asian) machine?

cheers
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Yes you can, as the transformer is external to the system its fine to use.

Its only stuff like Saturns and Playstations, Xbox's and stuff that you have to watch out for, as their transformers are internal, so you end up putting 240volt into a 120volt PSU = bang.

As long as its external should be fine.

Comment

yeah figured as much, I know the Super Famicom's are the same...bloody dad's a leccy should have figured that one!
      Cheers Jelly!..(P.S you have a pm from me re: megadrive stuff!)
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Yes, this is correct, but if you'd want to install a foreign PSU internally, you'd just have to change the power cable along with it...

eg I've got a PAL DC with a JAP mainboard (equals JAP DC with PAL PSU), so the PSU doesn't matter.
        (the output is always the same, as Jelly has said before )

Comment

Yeah, I switched a blown up JPN Saturn PSU on a model 1, for a Euro Saturn model 1 psu. The only thing they made different with that was altering the size of the connector that goes to the motherboard, so I cut it off and soldered the pins directly on with large gauge wire :-D

Comment

Working...
          X