Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing my Saturn

Guys,

Could do with some advice please...I had my UK Saturn modded about 8 years ago now with a 50/60Hz & a Region switch, but just lately the bit in the back of the machine where you plug in the power cable has become VERY loose & woobly & moves about inside the case

It makes plugging in the cable a very tricky business as you cant click it in poperly without fear of breaking the connection.

Now I'm useless with anything electrical so didnt want to open it up if it will be a difficult fix that involves soldering incase I bollox it up, so was wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of tools would be needed & also what I would need to do?

Thanks in advance for any help its much appreciated.

Neil

It's been a couple of years that I opened up one of those, but here goes...

Don't reconnect the power cable to the console as long as the problem isn't fixed, as you may damage the power board!!!
    If I remember, the power plug is held inside the casing with 2 screws at the back (for model 1).
    Probably one or two connections broke while using excessive force?

Just turn the console upside down, open up the Saturn with your regular Philips screwdriver (4 screws), then, while holding everything, turn it back to normal position.

Take of the top lid, but remember that the top lid is probably also held down
    by the two switches!!! (depending on where they are located at).
    Don't just yank it of.

There probably aren't any connections to the top if it's a model 1 Saturn: this is the one with the oval power and reset button.
    If it's a model two, there is one cable connection to the power unit (I think),
    and the power is stuck to the top lid!!! Just disconnect the cable, it's easy.

Try to determine wether the 2 back-connections are ok.
    Unscrew the two screws which are holding the power board at the back. Probably the power poard is held down (or up, depending on the version) with one or two screws.
    If the plastic connections at the back broke, just try to fix it with polyester, or something else that is very durable and non conductive.

That's it, you hardly didn't touch any electronics at all!
    Last edited by Shinebi; 28-08-2006, 16:05.

Comment

Thanks for the help, going to have a look tonight & hopefully will be able to fix it

Neil

Comment

Working...
      X