Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can only get about 4Mbs as I'm 4k from the exchange. To be fair, Sky were fine really but I wanted a clean break from Murdoch.

Anyone got BT with the new homehub 3?
    Last edited by Brad; 09-03-2011, 12:30.

Comment

I'm moving next month and wondering who to go with, I'd go with virgin again but there system causes some niggles with certain Live titles Reach being my bugbear, so I'm not sure if I'll go with BE instead.

How are BE nowadays?

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm with BE and would generally swear by them. Had a few hiccups recently (disconnections, lots, just over 1 day then fine again). I'd say probably still one of your best bets though.

£40 cashback through quidco too.
            Last edited by Psyduck; 10-03-2011, 06:35.

Comment

I want 23ms ping

Last night I couldn't even stream SD trailers on the 360 in "full" quality ffs. Speedtest was normal as was a torrent when I turned it on.

So, who has 8Mb max on their line and can use HD zune on their 360 in the evenings? I'll change to whatever you have I guess.

Comment

Are Be* LLU not available? You can't really beat them for speed/price/lack of FUP etc but your issue Charles is shaping and there are ways to bypass this with VPNs etc.
                I have a FFTC outside my house and would love to move to that when a decent provider is available.
                Last edited by smouty; 10-03-2011, 07:55.

Comment

No, my exchange isn't LLU.

Comment

Just realised on that page it says I can get 16Mb down and 4Mb up via Kijoma wireless for the same price I'm paying now I have contacted them for a survey.

Comment

Plus.net, if anyone cares...

EDIT: What the hell is "shopping link added by skimlinks"?

Comment

Comment

Christ, TalkTalk are bloody comedians. Not once with Nildram did I ever have a problem. Then Opal bought Nildram and now TalkTalk Business bought Opal. Today I got a lovely email from TalkTalkBusiness saying how the Opal legal business entity is being merged into TalkTalk Business, saying how there will be no disruption and everything will continue as normal without me doing anything.

However also today I got a letter in the post from TalkTalk Business:
                          "RE: Disruption to your TalkTalk Business service"
                          We are yet to receive payment for the overdue balance on your account. Blah blah blah."

Seriously? What? gtf.
                          Last edited by charlesr; 11-03-2011, 19:24.

Comment

Since their customer services are not available till Monday, I've sent them a little email

"Hi. I got a lovely email today saying that the move from Opal to TalkTalk will not cause me any disruption. However, I also got a letter saying "Re: disruption to your service. We are yet to receive payment for the overdue balance on my account xxxxxxx". Please go ahead and continue to use the same card Nildram/Opal successfully billed me on each month. Thanks. Charles"

At first I thought perhaps my card had changed recently, but checked and no change there.

Comment

Rapid response: "Please contact our billing team on 0800 298 2981 who will be able to look at your billing issue"

It's not MY billing issue. It's theirs! Why should I have to do legwork for something they have ****ed up? At least it's an 0800 number. I'll try to be ridiculously nice on the phone though. Don't want to spoil some poor chaps day - they must get lots of upset customers ranting at them.

Can I just say, I was aprehensive about Opal and terrified about TalkTalk and the reports of their incompetance have immediately been proved correct. That wireless BB service can't come quick enough.
                              Last edited by charlesr; 11-03-2011, 20:08.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post

Nice area but possibly the worst exchange I have seen services wise.

Comment

Working...
                                X