This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Perhaps they're after an ISP that gives out blow-jobs.
    You got it. It's Japan after all

Comment

With those upload speeds, people won't need hosting any more! Just a PC with raid and a UPS and a friend elsewhere who will swap backups.

Comment

Originally posted by SH4R4KU View Post
        You got it. It's Japan after all
        Give it a few years and they'll probably get it, lucky sods...

Comment

Hopefully I will still be here then.

Comment

We are getting BT Infinity next year apparently. Will make a difference from the 2mbs we get currently. Sadly Virgin are only in one road in the whole town and BT have only a small exchange nearby so the net while stable isn't fast. Cannot wait for the big switch on of the new exchange early next year.

I am on PlusNet now after switching from 02 who apparently got overloaded because of allowing torrents free access and decided the easiest way to fix this was to throttle everyone by a massive percentage very night.

Comment

Why can't you get ~8Mb on your exchange if it's nearby? Why just 2?

Comment

I really have to big up Vivaciti again. Cannot believe how stable this service is. Max throughput at any time of day or night. Xbox live nice and fast even against the US guys. Smart.

Comment

have to say i've never been let down by virgin, i recently upped the ante and got 50mb after my 8 year old virgin ambit modem died, got a new super hub for my trouble after a bit of haggling didn't pay a thing, they just came and juiced me up

Comment

Virgin Media

Comment

anyone know what isps are good in ireland ? not living in dublin but in a town in leitrim eircom is the main providier here but heard loads of problems with them

at the moment using a usb dongle which is ok...but soon use up the gigs

Comment

Utter toss

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post

Utter toss
                            Lordy. How much do you pay for that dross?

Comment

That website is fun. I win in the loosing stakes, although mine is "mobile broadband"...

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                Lordy. How much do you pay for that dross?
                                lol thats till better then my current connection

Comment

Working...
                                X