Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by eastyy; 02-08-2011, 19:49.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
      [URL="http://www.speedtest.net"]
      I see your 34 and raise you 32 - I've somehow managed to beat myself. Better ping and upload though:

Actually - my server has changed for some reason, perhaps that explains the difference...

Comment

funny thing was that same connection (three dongle) was faster in a small village....now have moved to a large town and its slowed down alot

Comment

Hold on, VP is in Birmingham? I thought Prinny and VP were always chilling out watching old films. Confused.

Comment

erm...325 is not a "better" ping than 158! Lower is better there!

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
            I see your 34 and raise you 32 - I've somehow managed to beat myself. Better ping and upload though:

Actually - my server has changed for some reason, perhaps that explains the difference...

Comment

2 more months to wait to get infinity you should be able to get it there prinny might get rid of that turd of a connection (costing me ?116 to sack off talk talk (bollox) and about ?33 PCM but was paying ?25ish anyway and they have said I should get 38mb/s (currently about 4.5) but I do only live 700 yards from the new infinity exchange

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                Hold on, VP is in Birmingham? I thought Prinny and VP were always chilling out watching old films. Confused.
                Probably the zen server lives there, I don't

Comment

Originally posted by Psyduck View Post
                  erm...325 is not a "better" ping than 158! Lower is better there!
                  The higher the number the better something is, and don't you go trying to tell me different!

Comment

Better than expected:

Not bad for a computer connected via a wireless G network either.

Comment

Tiscali. I'm out in the sticks, but we have a BT switch in the village about 10 minutes walk from me house. I think the major issue is contention, as I have had up to a 7MB download speed

Tiscali are ok - and pretty stable for me but (as documented elsewhere) their support is beyond ****e.

Comment

thats better

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                          Tiscali. I'm out in the sticks, but we have a BT switch in the village about 10 minutes walk from me house. I think the major issue is contention, as I have had up to a 7MB download speed

Tiscali are ok - and pretty stable for me but (as documented elsewhere) their support is beyond ****e.
                          Noooooo! Tiscali UK are part of TalkTalk. Run for the hills. The reason for the download speed is TalkTalk.
                          How much do you pay for that?

eastyy!

Comment

here in ireland 51 euro a month unlimited download and upload and free line rental and free phonecalls off peak

Comment

I meant k0pp0 actually.

The "eastyy!" was just sort of yay for your result - bit better than what you are used to.

Comment

oh lol yeah sure is...... one bugger though is i have my xbox connected via ethernet cable to pc but its not working getting ip error

Comment

Working...
                                X