Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had Virgin Media installed yesterday. Old house got about 5.9MB and 1.0MB upload. Virgin now give me this:

Was a bit happier yesterday when it went past 32MB, but I can't complain

Comment

Very impressed with the speeds from Virgin Media, I recently upgraded from 8MB ADSL to now a 30MB Cable connection

Comment

After a mahoosive ding dong with talk talk last night I finally bit the bullet and bought out my contract muppets new broadband on 19/12 will report back with goodness (hopefully) better be for ?41 a month grr

Comment

Talk Talk are a bunch of ****'s , I hate em

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
            After a mahoosive ding dong with talk talk last night I finally bit the bullet and bought out my contract muppets new broadband on 19/12 will report back with goodness (hopefully) better be for ?41 a month grr
            Well played that man!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Well played that man!
              cheeky sods took the bt line i paid openreach ?135 for and put it on their network without asking me and then had to cheek to tell me that they did it for my benefit when the system went down last night, they were not laughing when i had the bank on my mobile at the exact same time and heard me cancelling the direct debit, i have pretty much told them put it back and ill pay my bill if you dont we go to ofcom, funnily enough with my new provider i dont need a mac code or unbundling ha ha ha lols (for anyone that wanted to know it makes no difference when going to fibre (BT Infinity).

Comment

Well my final few days of Talk****e I thought I would do a speedtest before I leave them never to return

pretty much what I thought it woud be not abysmal but not as good as any other company I have been with could get out of my line (BT got about 7.5, Orange 6, Vodafone 7) still will update when my new service is a running

Comment

Hello BT Infinity happy times

oh and for anyone that asked the question the home hub 3 is the ****

Last edited by ETC; 19-12-2011, 12:22.

Comment

Really can't Reccomend bt infinity enough had it nearly a month and it's totally rock solid no drop outs no throttling just consistently excellent. I did this test on my mobile and was amazed should not be this fast on a phone

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                      Really can't Reccomend bt infinity enough had it nearly a month and it's totally rock solid no drop outs no throttling just consistently excellent. I did this test on my mobile and was amazed should not be this fast on a phone

Lets just hope you never have any problems.........i was completely and utterly appalled by their customer services.

Truly the most incompetent and overpriced ISP there is, and this is despite also having dealt with the awful talk talk in the past.

What i tried to get BT to do for more than 2 years, sky did within 4 months of being a customer. And i saved about 2 months of my life not having to speek to call centres whos staff barely speak any english.

I stick with sky because they are one of the few who truly have no download limit. Most claim not to have but hit a magic hidden gb number per month and your speed will be capped.

I havent been in the market for an isp for about 12 months mind.....maybe its changed.
                      Last edited by PaTaito; 12-01-2012, 20:06.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                        Lets just hope you never have any problems.........i was completely and utterly appalled by their customer services.

Truly the most incompetent and overpriced ISP there is, and this is despite also having dealt with the awful talk talk in the past.

What i tried to get BT to do for more than 2 years, sky did within 4 months of being a customer. And i saved about 2 months of my life not having to speek to call centres whos staff barely speak any english.

I stick with sky because they are one of the few who truly have no download limit. Most claim not to have but hit a magic hidden gb number per month and your speed will be capped.

I havent been in the market for an isp for about 12 months mind.....maybe its changed.
                        I have a different phone number as I'm an infinity user, I went from talk talk the kings of incompetence and ****e customer service so a brain dead slug spitting in to a toilet would be an improvement from them incompetent ****s and the call centre I call I'm pretty sure is a uk one although I have only called them once, as for limits I asked they said there is not on my package I said are you sure as I will hit it 4 days and half a terabyte later no speed drop or throttle that was the one call I made and they said it made no difference (only downed the 500gb to test them out) oh and good luck changing sky and talk talk (sky only sometimes) tag your line and it's a bitch to get back usually have to use open reach
                        Last edited by ETC; 12-01-2012, 21:08.

Comment

For no other reason than sheer procrastination I tested the Uni internet speed today whilst in the library. Pretty decent, but look at that upload speed! www.speedtest.net/result/1835728225.png

(They don't seem to give an embed link any more...)
                          Last edited by koopatroopa90; 15-03-2012, 19:50.

Comment

16% are still faster.

Nice upload.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good modern day ISP or any sites which give good info about traffic shaping etc etc? I've been happy with my provider usually but I read the other day that they employ some of the most extreme traffic shaping in the country. But I'm wary of changing as being locked into a 12month contract is never nice when you have left an old contract and never know what the new service will actually be like in your area.

Comment

Check out bethere.

No traffic shaping at any time. Plus they have an option whereby there's no tie in I believe. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

Comment

Working...
                                X