X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest on BT Infinity.

Comment

What is BT infinity customer service like now? I've heard horror stories and I'm coming up to the end of my years contract with virgin.

Comment

Originally posted by Nishimori View Post

My latest on BT Infinity.
        Another Infinity user here:

Adrock: Don't know what the service is like now, never had any problems. The moderators on their forums are apparently good at getting problems solved though.

Comment

What the hell... Is that Infinity 2? I have infinity but I don't get near that (35 / 6)

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
            Virgin just upgraded me to 60mb so thought id run a test.

Liking my free upgrade! Upload is meh though.
            Means nothing though really, I'm convinced you get full speeds to speedtest.net then they traffic shape everything else to ****ery

I think they haven't upped the upload for must people because it's only file sharing that will use anywhere near that bandwidth, which is probably the biggest problem for the network
            Last edited by EvilBoris; 20-06-2012, 22:39.

Comment

Quick question about BT infinity.

Is it just a new version of ADSL? E.g down the phone line?

I always had massive issues with ADSL on my phone line that BT could never resolve even though calls are fine. This is why I switched to Virgin. Just wondering if its a option for the future as its looks nice!

Comment

While not quite as high speeds, the bonus with BE is they don't traffic shape. I can get BT Infinity, but I'd rather wait for the BE Fibre rollout hopefully next year.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  While not quite as high speeds, the bonus with BE is they don't traffic shape. I can get BT Infinity, but I'd rather wait for the BE Fibre rollout hopefully next year.
                  Yes that's the whole reason behind Be there network is designed to not have any traffic management at all.

I'm staying with Be too and await there fibre option.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                    Quick question about BT infinity.

Is it just a new version of ADSL? E.g down the phone line?

I always had massive issues with ADSL on my phone line that BT could never resolve even though calls are fine. This is why I switched to Virgin. Just wondering if its a option for the future as its looks nice!
                    It's cable isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      It's cable isn't it?
                      It's Fibre Optic cables to a cabinet then normal telephone to the home,
                      mine needs 2 boxes to work a FTTC VDSL box and a home hub 3

Still waiting for the Infinty 2 roll out here (FTTH I think it's called)

Its still good enough

(I'm downloading on my laptop too)

Last edited by ETC; 21-06-2012, 13:52.

Comment

Evil you can upgrade to Infinity 2 but you have to sign a new contract apparently. Just what I read on the BT forum, I started out with Infinity 2 myself.

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                          Evil you can upgrade to Infinity 2 but you have to sign a new contract apparently. Just what I read on the BT forum, I started out with Infinity 2 myself.
                          Ah does it make a difference?

Comment

How much does infinity cost? I'm currently paying ?40 a month for phone and internet from Virgin. Coming up to the end of my contract now.

Comment

Think my bill is around ?45 for line, unlimited calls, unlimited Infinity (option 2 or 3) I can't remember which I'm on. But it does include 0845 and I think the other one inclusive too

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                                Just had a look still limited to a theoretical 41mb/s so no infinity 2 yet as a plus no traffic shaping as I'm on (technically) a legacy contract

Comment

Working...
                                X