X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It costs ?46.30 a month just got the bill

Comment

^^^Same as me. Although actually there's a ?10 discount for the first 3 or 6 months (can't remember which). As evil says includes line rental and some calls.

Comment

Hmmm, thats dear but not much dearer than Virgin. Could maybe get BT Vision in the package to cut down as I currently have Sky, which I dont use much anyway.

Decisions decisions.

Comment

thought i'd run some tests seeing as my 50mb virgin connection has now been upped to 100mb [possibly 120mb but this was never confirmed for my area]..

Firefox:

2.4 GHz

5GHz

Ethernet

Chrome:

2.4GHz

5GHz

Ethernet
          Last edited by chojin; 30-06-2012, 07:21.

Comment

That download yus

But that upload
            Last edited by charlesr; 30-06-2012, 10:54.

Comment

Tell me about it, if anything it's consistent

Comment

That upload is still 5 times faster than is possible on my exchange (or least what anyone will actually provide).

I see that BT is fannying about in Cornwall with 300Mb/s tech. Wish they would prioritise sorting out people who are still stuck in 2003 instead.

Comment

FEAST YOUR EYES ON MY AMAZING CONNECTION WITH AOL!

BT Infinity 2 is finally available in my area, booked an appointment for the engineer to pop across to sort it out on the 20th.

So hopefully goodbye utter trash speeds, hello 63.5 down 20mb up!!
                  Last edited by Synthesthesia; 02-07-2012, 21:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
                    FEAST YOUR EYES ON MY AMAZING CONNECTION WITH AOL!

BT Infinity 2 is finally available in my area, booked an appointment for the engineer to pop across to sort it out on the 20th.

So hopefully goodbye utter trash speeds, hello 63.5 down 20mb up!!

Dont blame AOL we can all see who the real cause of that is (cough Talk****e.. Again!)
                    I doubt you will get 63 dude and 20 up (never gonna happen 10 maybe ) I'm supposed to get 42 but it hovers around the high 20's. Will still be a hell of a lot faster than that tosh though didn't realise you lived that close I thought it was all enabled up here ages ago

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                      Dont blame AOL we can all see who the real cause of that is (cough Talk****e.. Again!)
                      I doubt you will get 63 dude and 20 up (never gonna happen 10 maybe ) I'm supposed to get 42 but it hovers around the high 20's. Will still be a hell of a lot faster than that tosh though didn't realise you lived that close I thought it was all enabled up here ages ago
                      Honestly mate I don't care. Anything over 10 and I'd be happy (though obviously i want more than that if I'm paying for 76mb)
                      That speed has been the same since before talktalk took them over though.

And nah mate I've been waiting for infinity for ages, just became availble the other day after saying it would be pushed back to september again. I live like 5 miles away from washington (the galleries etc) and most places around here haven't been done yet. Washington isn't planned yet I don't think (or my mate who lives there seemed to think it wasn't) and my other mate who lives in houghton can't get it until september. So I think it sort of skirted around and went wherever! haha.

Had a phone call today offering me a "bright spark" engineer if I'd stay with them. He'd have to be a bright spark if he's somehow going to make a upto 8mb connection rocket to upto 76.

How much did your ping change before/after? I'm hoping it gets a fair bit better.
                      Last edited by Synthesthesia; 02-07-2012, 21:57.

Comment

It went from

To this

But mine is only Infinty 1 I have not upped it yet to Infinity 2

Comment

It went from

To this

But mine is only Infinty 1 I have not upped it yet to Infinity 2
                          That looks pretty amazing to me and more than good enough. I'll be sure to post my speeds once the installation has been done .

How do you find the homehub btw? My mate has one (his is a homehub 2 I think though, he has normal BT Internet) and I thought they were utter s**t so I've bought an Asus RT-N56U to replace it once it's installed.

Comment

Just got my MAC code from AOL (not a bad turn around really they said 5 working days on friday and got it via post today). BT have actually moved my installation forward to the 17th so pretty happy with that

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
                              Just got my MAC code from AOL (not a bad turn around really they said 5 working days on friday and got it via post today). BT have actually moved my installation forward to the 17th so pretty happy with that
                              The HH3 is ok the VDSL box that goes with it is balls you shouldn't even need. Mac code you know, different type of network I didnt

Comment

The HH3 is ok the VDSL box that goes with it is balls you shouldn't even need. Mac code you know, different type of network I didnt
                                I did, they wouldn't progress my order without it. What's wrong with the VDSL box?

Comment

Working...
                                X