Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved house yesterday, was well impressed how quickly virgin sorted it out.

called up wednesday to tell them (had forgotten) they changed my contract from a ?53 a month TV/Phone/Cable package to a ?27 a month Broadband only package.

They disconnected me at midnight on friday and the guy was at the new house BEFORE I WAS at 1pm on saturday to install it!

My current speed results

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
      Anyone got Sky Fibre? I'll have to look closer but I think it is cheaper than Virgin.
      I would like to know this as I've been considering changing from Be to a fibre provider that isn't BT.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        Moved house yesterday, was well impressed how quickly virgin sorted it out.

called up wednesday to tell them (had forgotten) they changed my contract from a ?53 a month TV/Phone/Cable package to a ?27 a month Broadband only package.

They disconnected me at midnight on friday and the guy was at the new house BEFORE I WAS at 1pm on saturday to install it!

My current speed results

Divide that leftmost figure by 155 and quadruple the last figure and you have my current speedtest rating. Plusnet appear to have escalated it to OpenReach now at least.

Comment

Originally posted by wod View Post
          I would like to know this as I've been considering changing from Be to a fibre provider that isn't BT.
          Doesn't Sky Fibre use BT's infrastructure so not much difference (except price)?

Comment

If anyone's looking at BE Broadband, you can enter "HalfPriceSep" to get the first 12 months at half price.

Comment

Brad's broadband log:

8 days on from my last post. Still only 384k connection. Plusnet broke off comms for 4 whole days. Finally they are sending a BT engineer out next Tuesday with the stern warning that if my equipment is at fault then they'll charge me ?60. I've tried 11 (eleven!) ADSL filters so I'm pretty sure that's ok lol.

Shoddy, very slow service from plusnet. Cannot recommend them at all.

Comment

What is the setup of BT's fibre product like then? I have my airing cupboard set up as my main hub for everything in the house. It has all my network related stuff, satellite box and servers sitting in there.

Will they move the master socket there for me? Thats a deal breaker really because I simply have to have the modem up there..

Comment

So we have FTTP in the area, for several weeks and people are starting to get fittings. We contacted PlusNet straight away about a trial - 2 weeks later nothings been done to the ticket. I have had a back and forth trying to make sure its being looked at. I am not keen to go with BT but I could at least have a fitting date for a few weeks time. Heard PlusNet has gone as bad as BT for support so edging to just tell them to stuff it and roll the Russian roulette that is BT.

Any advice? Anyone else tried a FTTP trail on PlusNet and had to wait ages? It wouldn't be an issue if the net here wasn't cronicly poor to start with.

Comment

Well, plusnet are owned by BT anyway. I've had Infinity 2 FTTC from BT since April and it's been great and no problems whatsoever. Of course, that's no guarantee of your FTTP install being problem free.

Comment

Yeah but the after sale customer service was good, but reading around it seems to have gone downhill. Can I ask how long it took to get a response once you put in your initial questionnaire? Maybe this is 'normal' doesn't help that we have nothing to gauge it off and no updates when we ask.

Comment

I have had Infinity since last Dec and the service really is rock solid I have never had a drop out ever. Not as nippy as these lucky later infinity 2 people (my exchange is locked at 38) but its solid as a rock and fast

Comment

Originally posted by FelixofMars View Post
                          Yeah but the after sale customer service was good, but reading around it seems to have gone downhill. Can I ask how long it took to get a response once you put in your initial questionnaire? Maybe this is 'normal' doesn't help that we have nothing to gauge it off and no updates when we ask.
                          Yeah, you shouldn't really be having to wait but maybe it's down to the novelty of FTTP? Once I submitted my order it was very fast, just a few days until install.

Comment

Please post links to whatever broadband deals you have decided to go with.

Comment

BT and PlusNet have some of the best deals at the moment if people are looking. If we can actually get this sorted with them is another kettle of fish. I will update with some news once its sorted.

Update we have a date: 21/11/2012 will put up a speed test once its done.
                              Last edited by FelixofMars; 08-11-2012, 11:49.

Comment

plusnet are rubbish though. They are BT's cheap division.

Comment

Working...
                                X