Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dammit, I'm finding no good alternatives. BE's customer services was so damn good and they actually knew their products inside out.

NOT HAPPY

Comment

I ordered BT recently. Now I'm having second thoughts and my install date is approaching fast! Virgin, who have been pretty good the entire time, offered me a good package to stay with them including all of the TV I want and 60mb internet.

Anyone have any idea what I should do? Whats BT actually like?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        Yes O2 and BE are included in the purchase.

I'm considering BT Infinity 2 and moving from BE. Zen Internet is another alternative, but at a cost and more restricted bandwidth usage. Just can't bring myself to wait for the customer move to Sky.
        So does the move to sky mean I am no longer subject to contract and can move without charge? As I paid to be with O2 and giving sky money was not part of the contract?

Comment

I contacted BE today about this. My contract started in 2010 on 12 month contract basis and the result was that I only have to give a standard 30 day notice to shift without penalty. I can't answer the question for your circumstance.
          Last edited by MartyG; 01-03-2013, 20:19.

Comment

At the moment your contract with BE goes on as normal. At some point it'll be moved over to a sky contract I would guess, and at that point you'll probably be able to bail for free. It's possible that they might carry it on for a while (or even, though v unlikely, they could keep running as a separate business).

Comment

Those who are on Be, have you decided who to switch to next or going to stay and be switched over to sky ?

I cant decide what to do and would like fttc but not with BT.

I'm looking for any recommended providers that people have recently moved to.

Comment

I'm in the same court, really need a similar provider.

Comment

Well although Charles has made it clear he has had huge issues with PlusNet our FTTP has been rock solid since it was installed and no real issues here. Admittedly we spent a while chasing them to update the payment correctly but we did it all online.

Looks like we are getting 80/30 on a hardwire.

Comment

while a bit expensive, Macace seem to remind me of Be for some reason.

WebMate is an award-winning UK Internet Service Provider (ISP) with the best Web Hosting, VoIP, SIP Trunks, Leased Line, Broadband & Email.

Comment

Do they do Windows PC's as well?

Comment

Originally posted by wod View Post
                        Those who are on Be, have you decided who to switch to next or going to stay and be switched over to sky ?

I cant decide what to do and would like fttc but not with BT.

I'm looking for any recommended providers that people have recently moved to.
                        As far as FTTC goes really the only choice if you want to keep the cost down is BT. I moved from BE about a year ago as the writing was on the wall then for the company. I haven't had any major issues with BT so far. It was only really a static IP and slightly better ping times that was an advantage with BE.

All the other companies that do FTTC go through BT's infrastructure at the moment anyway. There isn't anyone doing what BE did back in the day for ADSL yet. This is partly because BT are making it difficult at the moment for other ISP's to do their own fibre equipment in the exchange.

Disclaimer: I work for BT btw so make of that what you will ....

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                          Do they do Windows PC's as well?
                          From the "10 reasons to choose Macace":
                          6. We're a Mac company through and through We're all Mac people here, we use Mac's, we sleep on them, we'd eat them if we could. We're clever chaps and shapeless though, we know how to use Windows too - and Linux

On a more serious note, i do like that they offer an uptime guarantee so if your connection goes down you don't pay for it and plus you get the free 3G Broadband until its fixed. Any of the other ISP's offer that?

Comment

I've had a letter through the post from sky welcoming me and about the switchover later this year.

I'm wondering to whether to stick with it and give sky broadband a try out ?

Comment

To be honest, I've given up finding a replacement now as I cant find any. Most Sky BB customers seem to be satisfied, I have to admit when I was with them before BE I had no problems either. The fact they'll let me keep my static IP and router is kool.

In a couple of months its all about Fibre anyway. And I'm not tlaking branflakes either

Comment

I'm with Be, planning on sitting it out to see what happens when we get transferred, presumably the price will come down a lot, and then I'll either stick with it (if the service is ok) or jump ship then (if it isnt).

Comment

Working...
                                X