Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I signed up to Talktalk I actually got an English guy (Mancunian I think) who was pretty good although now of course I'm wondering how my account details were stuffed up.The Indian call centre users I've had most dealings and most problem with are BT. I've had 5 serious line faults in the last two years and I'm fed up with trying to use their land line fault report system. Unless you have a mobile it's almost impossible, I didn't until the end of last year when I bought one only because I had to report just such a line fault,On two occasions they've tried to call me back on the faulty line where I had carefully explained one of the problems was that the ringer wasn't working and specified e-mail communications.The last time only a week ago, I was put on hold for 10 minutes because their call-back system didn't like my mobile number. When I finally got through to a real Indian person she took my mobile number and called me back on it almost immediately no trouble. WTF? Took them over a week to fix the fault too.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
      When I signed up to Talktalk I actually got an English guy (Mancunian I think) who was pretty good although now of course I'm wondering how my account details were stuffed up.The Indian call centre users I've had most dealings and most problem with are BT. I've had 5 serious line faults in the last two years and I'm fed up with trying to use their land line fault report system. Unless you have a mobile it's almost impossible, I didn't until the end of last year when I bought one only because I had to report just such a line fault,On two occasions they've tried to call me back on the faulty line where I had carefully explained one of the problems was that the ringer wasn't working and specified e-mail communications.The last time only a week ago, I was put on hold for 10 minutes because their call-back system didn't like my mobile number. When I finally got through to a real Indian person she took my mobile number and called me back on it almost immediately no trouble. WTF? Took them over a week to fix the fault too.
      Just wait until your cool off period ends then you will see how good talk talk CS is

Comment

Arghh! You're were so right.Just been given the run around by Talktalk CS although I did get through praiseworthily fast to a real person.

Apparently during the sign up process someone at Talktalk transcribed my name and e-mail address totally incorrectly. This despite the fact I've been (and still am) a Onetel (now part of Talktalk) customer for 11 years. You'd think my details would be on their system.

Despite them admitting it was their fault, they "have to follow the process" because it involves changing my name from the now 'officially' registered one. If I want the details corrected I have to download and fill in a PDF form complete with 'legal' proof of real identity and name!If I don't I will forever be addressed in any communications from Talktalk by their made up name.

Although I have managed to get my preferred e-mail contact address changed to correct one I suspect there have probably been any number of e-mails sent to the similarly wrongly recorded e-mail. address. Who knows what will happen when somebody at Talktalk or my bank notices the account holder's name does not match up to the banking details I supplied for the DD and Debit card used during the sign up process.

However if Onetel's past performance is anything to go by in this respect that won't be any time soon.
        Last edited by fallenangle; 13-06-2013, 02:11.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
          I've used Virgin Cable for the last 4 years, it's always served me well. I've had a few days of random down time in that time , but other than that it's always been good.
          Cheers.

Do you use the Virgin Router or some amazing Dark Knight Asus job?

Comment

I've always just used the superhub, which is lacking in certain more advanced features, but I've never had any major compatibly issues.

It is worth noting that despite the great bandwidth, cable is not the best for gaming I believe, so if you want the craziest lowest pings, perhaps it's not for you, you may be better off with an ADSL line.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              I've always just used the superhub, which is lacking in certain more advanced features, but I've never had any major compatibly issues.

It is worth noting that despite the great bandwidth, cable is not the best for gaming I believe, so if you want the craziest lowest pings, perhaps it's not for you, you may be better off with an ADSL line.
              Thanks. I thought my mind was set and now you have thrown doubt at me!

I think I shall take a look at EE services & customer feedback.

Comment

As I said, It's never done me any harm playing Halo, but I know that something causes me to receive host less often.

Here are my speedtest results from just a moment ago, we are streaming Game of Thrones on Sky Player at the same time as taking this

We had a "student" package that was ?27 per month for 60MB, I just called up and took it out, they needed no proof and you only have a 9 month contract which was handy

Comment

14ms should be plenty low enough for all games. I'm on fastpath adsl, about half a mile from the exchange and get 20ms

Comment

That is mine with O2 ATM. I wish I did not have such an attitude with Rupert Murdoch otherwise I would bite Sky's hand off at fibre for ?10 for 6 months.

First world problems hey!

Comment

Right there is a new care home near me and its eating all the fibre connection bandwidth (I'm down to the bare minimum BT can get away with 21MB) problem is I'm not paying ?52 for 21MB so I'm dropping back down to 14-16 ADSL2.

Anyone any good? I'm happy to pay around ?25-35 for it but I need rock solid stability and good CS. Which I know already counts out Plusnet and Talk****e

are EE any good or am I looking at a smaller provider i.e. Vivaciti?

any recommendations fellas?
                      Last edited by ETC; 26-06-2013, 16:46.

Comment

I used to get brilliant service from Zen many moons ago, still think they're a decent ISP from what I've recently read but I'm so far from the exchange any kind of ADSL service would be horrendous.

If I had the opportunity, like their fibre prices being cheap enough, I'd definitely go with them. As it is I'm with Virgin right now and they seem decent for what I want.

Comment

I'm with Vivaciti. ?30pcm for rock solid on a static IP. Although I'm on the office pack which seems to limit youtube and vimeo before 7pm. Regularly exceeding 300GB gets you a warning chat on the phone. I have never got near that. None of their current packages sound anything like that though

Comment

For comparison I'm on infinity2 and where I am its ?52 for 21mb unlimited.... Crap thanks to this new carehome
                            Solid as a rock but the price is I checked my usage 30GB/Month on fibre (that's pathetic why was I not abusing it)

looks like its either the ?29.40 Broadband Unlimited from Vivaciti or the cheapness of a ?21pm EE contract

does anyone have any knowledge of EE are they that bad to be that cheap? (That is paying the years line rental upfront though it would be ?24.75 otherwise)

Comment

Just had Sky's 40/10 Fibre service installed for ?10 a month for 6 months, gone from getting 2Mb down and hardly anything up to this

The ping is quite impressive. Might even upgrade to their 80Mb service at some point as i've just found out i can claim my broadband costs back at work
                              Last edited by Jamie; 24-06-2013, 14:35.

Comment

What is Sky Fibre like in terms of P2P/torrents and general throttling?

Comment

Working...
                                X