• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no throttling as far as I can tell

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
      There is no throttling as far as I can tell
      Does that include usenet, giganews, astraweb etc ?

Comment

I think so, their policy is never to throttle, so i would imagine Usenet would be the same. It's been a while since i used it but i never had any problems.

Comment

Has anyone heard of aquiss, I was reccomended them
          by a mate

?31/month but customer service is supposedly excellent?

Aquiss provide the best business broadband packages for small businesses. Fast, reliable business broadband that you can trust.

Comment

Went for the cheap option joined Sky ?19.50 a month that's a third of what I pay they can't be as bad as Talk****e Right... Right

Just checked mine and its not bad again I bet I end up regretting this

Use Speedtest on all your devices with our free desktop and mobile apps.

^^ ?52 Infinity 2

guess ill see what an extra ?32.50 gets in a month or so
            Last edited by ETC; 26-06-2013, 19:58.

Comment

?19.50 is that for phone line rental and broadband ?

the sky fibre is tempting for ?10 a month for 6 months, if it is really unrestricted usage.

Comment

Originally posted by wod View Post
                ?19.50 is that for phone line rental and broadband ?

the sky fibre is tempting for ?10 a month for 6 months, if it is really unrestricted usage.
                Sorry for the late reply

Unlimited normal BB yep with line rental, 12
                month contract with 12 months half price BB.

Its good for the price...I'm happy with that

I paid the line rental for the year in one go which brings the price down to 14.95 a month

Its not as fast as infinity but its much much cheaper and has stayed locked at that since I got it
                Last edited by ETC; 02-08-2013, 12:50.

Comment

Has anyone had experience with BT Infinity?.

Here is mine: Ordered Infinity 2 start of last month, they confirmed my order and install(today). I called for an update they told me my order did not go through and had to replace it. So i cant get an engineer for the next 3 weeks and they want me to pay for it,

I cancelled after numerous failed phone calls which ended up in me getting cut off twice.

Emailed them tonight and I now face the prospect of no phone or broadband until I can get a new provider. The only other provider is Sky Fibre which I dont want to go with but now I am forced to do so.

So annoyed its unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Robster View Post
                    Has anyone had experience with BT Infinity?.

Here is mine: Ordered Infinity 2 start of last month, they confirmed my order and install(today). I called for an update they told me my order did not go through and had to replace it. So i cant get an engineer for the next 3 weeks and they want me to pay for it,

I cancelled after numerous failed phone calls which ended up in me getting cut off twice.

Emailed them tonight and I now face the prospect of no phone or broadband until I can get a new provider. The only other provider is Sky Fibre which I dont want to go with but now I am forced to do so.

So annoyed its unreal.
                    I do. I just left them for Sky (Fibre down to normal) You got off easy they are extortionately expensive. I just had a snotty call from BT saying your direct debit has been cancelled could you reinstate it? Er no seeing as I left having paid in advance and was advised by the BT advisor to do this not only that they asked for my hub back (after seeing out my contract in full) and it being mine as per contact. Cheek.

On the Internet side infinity 2 is OK. I was supposedly on a 78MB/20 connection but they said 38/12 would be about right. I got 21/4 most of the time at its best about 30/6 ?50+ a month.

I would take the gamble for the 6 month fibre deal if you can get it if not go with a stable quality normal provider (zen, vivaciti etc)

The engineer visit is to fit a new FTTC faceplate (its basically a microfilter faceplate) and configure your VDSL modem to the hub (infinity uses 2 modems and power supplies)
                    Last edited by ETC; 11-07-2013, 20:50.

Comment

Comment

Hahaha, so true.

Comment

I'm on BT Infinity 2 unlimited.
                          It took 5 days from placing the order to a working 80/20 connection. The speed has dropped a bit to 70/20 over the last year due to crosstalk as more people move to fibre but has been 100% reliable. For ?26 /mth it is good value for me and you get BT sport for free.

It has a modem and a router but this should change soon as the homehub 5 has been announced which is a single box so we should see the 'cable only' install option return.

Comment

Well thats my Ininity finally installed after getting nowhere for over a month.

I had to email the UK Director direct to get anything done as BT Customer service are hopeless and simply dont care.

I emailed the director on Friday 4th and my Infinity was installed on the Tuesday 8th, thats within 2 working days. I had numerous ghost visits and order cancellations I lost count.

So after all that I have a quick question if anyone can help: My line can handle 79 meg but I am only getting 10-15 down/10up. Using BT's help software it states my speed should be around 50 meg down and 20 up.

So even BT are saying it should be better, any suggestions how I can improve my speed ?.

Comment

You aren't testing over wireless are you?

Comment

No it would be even lower if I did.

Comment

Working...
                                X