X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How quick is the BT's Upload

Im Moving house and was looking about for a broadband provider,

BT do a good deal and recently release an uncapped offer, question is whats thier upload speed like ?

Comment

Upload is 448 kbit/s, under ideal condition.
      Just tested mine and get around 372kbit/s (test around 11 o'clock).

Comment

I get around the 370-380 kbit/s pretty much 24-7 with BT. Sadly my download speeds are all over the place and I get anything from a pretty decent 4.5 meg during the day down to 1 meg or less (sometimes slower than my upload) most evenings.

At £26 a month I'm not too impressed & or their customer support seems to have gone downhill as well. Will probably be shopping around when my current contract runs out so if there are any good isp's I'm all ears!

Comment

Right thats it Im going with Bethere

24Meg Down
          1.3Meg Up

£24 a month free wireless router and some good reviews from customers on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry Helmet View Post

24Meg Down
            1.3Meg Up

?24 a month free wireless router and some good reviews from customers on here.
            Sounds like a good deal.

Sorry if I'm being a bit dim but how does the 24 meg thing work on a BT line...do they have their own dedicated cabling or something? BT quote up to 8 meg max on all their options & I'd always assumed that this would be the max regardless of ISP.....

Cheers!

Comment

I've been with Vivaciti for a few months now and their service has been really good. No downtime (yet) and reasonable speeds of 4.5'ish. Customer service good too (they even ring you back!). ?19.99 for 30GB peak and 300GB off-peak (download at night )

Comment

24Meg Down
                1.3Meg Up

Good choice buddy, i'm with them and they've been nothing short of fantastic so far. Good, reliable speeds, no downtime, 24hr KNOWLEDGABLE!1! tech support, and no probs with file sharing; regular down speeds of 200kb (no throttling). Their 'BeBox' modem is a really nice pice of kit too

Comment

24Meg Down
                  1.3Meg Up

Just thought I'd add that you get ?24 cashback if you go through quidco and then place your order.

Comment

Originally posted by tom-nook View Post
                    Sounds like a good deal.

Sorry if I'm being a bit dim but how does the 24 meg thing work on a BT line...do they have their own dedicated cabling or something? BT quote up to 8 meg max on all their options & I'd always assumed that this would be the max regardless of ISP.....

Cheers!
                    LLU, so they would switch your connection at the
                    exchange from bt's to be's own hardware kits.
                    Basically what "be" is doing now (adsl2+), is the same what bt is
                    planning to do somewhere in the furure.

I think Ukonline, aka easynet aka skyonline, and bulldog are doing the same.

Comment

Thanks cornflakes

Makes sense now.....had assumed that it was like gas/ electricity were the same equipment etc. was being used and the ISP's just paid BT a 'leasing' fee.

Definitely one to consider.

Comment

Ordered Bethere on Monday and its getting switched on this Monday !!

Result !

Comment

24Meg Down
                          1.3Meg Up

I take it these are "up to" speeds ???

Comment

Like all ASDL, yes. So expecting 24 meg down is unrealistic for most people. Unless you live pretty far from the exchange, you are likely to get the full upload.

At about 1.5km I get around 13-15meg down if I tweak my settings for bandwidth (I actually have tweaked them for latency and get 8-10 meg down and much lower pings-but that suits me down to the ground). I've read about people getting 23meg down, but they probably live next door to the exchange. Still, for £24 it is a great deal imo.

Comment

The Exchange is at the bottom of the Street !

Get it up ye Yoshi !

Comment

I'm 579m away from my exchange... Is that close or not?
                                I will be on Sky 16Mb ADSL Max this Sat - What speeds can I realistically expect?

Comment

Working...
                                X