X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with Fast4 ? they look very cheep and propper unlimited

Comment

Originally posted by ExpertKing View Post
      If you are really bothered by traffic shaping on possible p2p traffic you can use enryption protocols ( if the software supports it ) or use a vpn such as secureIX.
      yeah utorrent forced encryption mode works a treat(get like 400 kbps on a lot of high seed torrents)

Comment

Eclipse do a no contract service

Comment

Im with Sky broadband(AKA Easynet) 16meg service and its good for me but I have a newish BT line and am close to my exchange. Speedtests are 13-15.5 meg which suggests its actually 24meg ADSL2+. They probably have to advertise as 16meg by law as I remember the same thing happened to Bulldog because no one actually got any where near those speeds. For only £10 more on my Sky bill its a bargain.

Comment

So would people generally recommend Sky?

Comment

I need fully unlimited downloads and an 8mb service no FUP at all any ideas?

Comment

I'm on Sky 16mb Max BB. I joined them about 2 months ago.
                After getting years of **** service from Nildram.

I wouldn't have gone for them normally but with no restriction cap on the crap I download and with the added bonus of a **** loads of channels along with Sky+ free (I only had normal TV channels before) I would say that Sky BB (and rest of package) is excellent.

The only thing that's crap is that using Sky's own provided router it will keep reseting so you will get random disconnections every few hours.

But going on www.skyuser.co.uk there is a way around this by using your own router... You're not suppose to do this by the way!

Comment

Blargh! I'm not sure about using any company which tries to force you to use only their hardware (yep, I love my Netgear router that much ).

Although there a workaround I'm sure they could get arsey about that at some point. The guy who just put in my Sky + said they were starting to get bother people who didn't leave the box connected to the phone line.

edit: actually I see the hardware they're giving out is a Netgear router but it' a step down from the one I'm using.
                  Last edited by Spatial; 23-08-2007, 17:57.

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post

But going on www.skyuser.co.uk there is a way around this by using your own router... You're not suppose to do this by the way!
                    Good link there, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                      I need fully unlimited downloads and an 8mb service no FUP at all any ideas?
                      Try Bethere.co.uk, thats what I use and no problems for me.

Comment

cant get it in my area any others come recomended ?

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post

The only thing that's crap is that using Sky's own provided router it will keep reseting so you will get random disconnections every few hours.
                          Do you know this happens for sure mate? I reset it myself an awful lot, as the service seems to chug along if i don't.

Just had to do it 10 minutes ago.
                          Last edited by Pavey; 24-08-2007, 09:03.

Comment

Signed up to Fast4 £15 unlimited 8mb mac goes over today will post how I get on with them

Comment

All I know in my area that Karoo (ie Kingston) are getting to be dire since May. Their shaping is effecting everones downloads not just the BT/Newsgroup whores When my years up (as had to resign for 8mbit) Im off elsewhere (thankkfully Im out of Hull so lucky them poor lot have got them and thats it!). Their always on Look North with complaints and monopolys commision is now getting involved (as their the only ones in Hull area).

Comment

I got my letter from Pipex today saying that my usages levels are at an unacceptable level and I have 14 days to comply with their FUP. I find this strange because if anything my usage is a fraction of what it used to be, so it really doesn't make any sense as to why I've got the letter now.

Of course, checking out their FUP doesn't actually give you any figures, so they can't tell you how much you're allowed to download. They just say that its not on and they can & will close your account if you don't sign the attached letter and return it within 14 days saying you'll comply with it.

Great. So, time to move on I think. Only question is, where to?

Comment

Working...
                                X