Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had any choice in the matter (which I don't as I'm tied to Sky for a good few months yet) I'd go with BE.

Comment

I'd second Be - I recently migrated from Pipex to Be myself and I have no regrets at all.
      Pipex are crap and even more so now that they are owned by Tiscali.

Comment

Balls. "Be" aren't available in my area yet.

So, who else is good at the moment?

Comment

They're all bad it's just a case of finding the least worst ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey View Post
            Do you know this happens for sure mate? I reset it myself an awful lot, as the service seems to chug along if i don't.

Just had to do it 10 minutes ago.
            Yeah, I had this problem for sure!

By using my own router, I don't have to reset it at all now!

Look here for sure dude... www.skyuser.co.uk

As for the guy wondering what ISP to get, try Sky BB!

Unlimited downloads and you get Sky TV!

Comment

If you want decent pings out of Sky, you're in for a world of hurt (or queueing for 30 mins at premium rate to get through to Tier 3 of customer service, whatever).

Constant disconnects and random throttling will be your companions on this lonely trail too.

Comment

I signed up with BE last night, their value (Up to 8mbps down, 1.3Mbps up) package. I would have gone for the 24Mbps service (2.5Mbps up!!), which they offer in my area, but the chances of me getting more than 5Mbps are pretty slim I think. I'm with Nildram at the moment, who have been very good, but I'm paying way over the odds for what I get currently.

I'll keep you posted on the progress, if anyone's interested. I was so very close to going with Sky too.

EDIT: Just had a text from BE giving my installation date as the 26th of the month. None too shabby.
                Last edited by Number45; 18-09-2007, 00:06.

Comment

Number45 and all Be* customers are in for some good news...

Be are always searching to offer the best broadband, for the best price - bringing all our members sensational value. So from 10th October all Be unlimited members will pay just £18 per month and all Be pro members will pay only £22.

These prices will be available to all new Be members as well so there is no better time to recommend Be broadband to your friends

Be unlimited £18 per month

Be unlimited is one of the fastest broadband products available in the UK. Until the 10th Oct the price was £24 per month for the up to 24 Mbps downstream and up to 1.3 upstream speeds but we have now reduced it to £18 per month. Be unlimited is also a completely uncapped service so members can surf as much as they like and members also have the option of either dynamic or static IP address at no extra cost.

Be pro £22 per month

Be pro has come down in price from £40 a month to just £22. Designed for SME’s and power users, Be pro offers the fastest upstream and downstream speeds in the UK. Using Upload Plus Be pro members have access to up to 2.5 meg up stream using the Annex M standard.

Reduction in the Express Cancellation Charge

In line with these price changes we have reduce the cost of an Express Cancellation for Be unlimited and Be pro members to £40.

When will prices come into effect?

All new members will be able to buy Be unlimited and Be pro for the new prices from 10th October.

All existing members will see the new pricing on their December invoice with a refund to cover the period from 10th October to 30th November.

Members can upgrade to Be unlimited or Be pro at no costs. To upgrade login to the Member Centre and open a ticket requesting your upgrade.

Comment

BE Pro for me it is !!

Awsome news !

Comment

It's the "up to" bit though that bothers me with these - Unless the exchange is under yer hoose you'll likely not get those speeds ???

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                        It's the "up to" bit though that bothers me with these - Unless the exchange is under yer hoose you'll likely not get those speeds ???
                        I get about 16 megs download, and 1.3 megs upload. Considering I was stuck in a contract paying ?24 for 2 meg download until recently I'm well happy. I'm about 1.3km away from the exchange. It's pretty easy to figure out what sort of speeds you'll be getting by looking at your line attentuation.

Comment

Same here,

16Mb Down
                          1.2Mb Up

Could probably squeeze more out of it If I asked them to change some settings. Even If I only Got 2mb Upload that would be tremendous :P

Yoshi's Pissed is all, I heard he's a Virgin Cable Fanboi

Comment

I think you misheard the rumour that he's a fan of virgin Boys,

Comment

Thats it done, upgraded and switched to Fast path !

I'll check the speeds tonight once I get home

Comment

Stay away from FAST4 people, nothing but problems

Comment

Working...
                                X