Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone remember a Sega Rally Competition Long ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone remember a Sega Rally Competition Long ago?

I'm digging deep here, but I have a question that very few may know of.

Some years ago CVG the magazine held a games contest for Sega Rally 2 on the DC. These were done as heats in cities around the UK, then the final being held in London. I won the Liverpool heat had my picture put in CVG and ended up going to London, which in the end a Chinese guy won. Now I'm talking say, almost 8 years ago, and wondered if anyone knew or even took part in the competition?

Also there was TV coverage of the final done for Sky TV by Rapture I believe and I was interviewed however I never got round to seeing it which was a shame.

Basically if anyone can recall anything about it that'd be great.

Thanks in advance

I don't know anything about the competition itself but do you know if the Sky coverage for a specific gaming show? Think that's too late for GamesWorld.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal
      I'm digging deep here, but I have a question that very few may know of.

Some years ago CVG the magazine held a games contest for Sega Rally 2 on the DC. These were done as heats in cities around the UK, then the final being held in London. I won the Liverpool heat had my picture put in CVG and ended up going to London, which in the end a Chinese guy won. Now I'm talking say, almost 8 years ago, and wondered if anyone knew or even took part in the competition?

Also there was TV coverage of the final done for Sky TV by Rapture I believe and I was interviewed however I never got round to seeing it which was a shame.

Basically if anyone can recall anything about it that'd be great.

Thanks in advance
      my mate was S*&t hot at Sega Rally and entered a comp in London. Went out in the first round though !

Not sure if it's the same tournament that you're talking about though

Comment

Originally posted by slowder
        my mate was S*&t hot at Sega Rally and entered a comp in London. Went out in the first round though !

Not sure if it's the same tournament that you're talking about though
        All depends when that was as it was ages ago. Haven't found anyone yet who knows about it.

Comment

I think I caught the thing on rapture TV, did you guys have to use a steering wheel?

If it is the same one, the difference between the 1st and second place was a fraction of a second

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
            I think I caught the thing on rapture TV, did you guys have to use a steering wheel?

If it is the same one, the difference between the 1st and second place was a fraction of a second
            I don't remember using a wheel, just the DC controller.

Comment

Working...
            X