Replacement 360 and D/L content help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement 360 and D/L content help.

Can somebody explain this to me? I think it's been covered already, but I can't seem to find it. If I get a replacement unit I won't be able to use any of my D/L content anymore? I know it's summat like that anyway, but I want to be sure.

Thanx.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

If you've bought anything from market place it will be linked to your tag, so you will be allowed to download everything again for free.
    So basically if the hd is new you'll have to DL everything again, but you won't have to pay for it, as long as you gamertag doesn't change.

Comment

I'm sure I read that content will not work or something like that due to it also being linked to the serial number of the unit.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I wouldn't have thought that was the case, you've paid for the content, and should be allowed to access it from any machine as long as you recover your gamertag. It's a bit dodgy if they lock it to the console seen as they almost always bugger up within the first five minutes.

Comment

it must be linked with your tag as I have been transfering my HD between my PAL and NTSC console and no problems @ home. However you may need to be linked to live due to me taking ny NTSC to my mum and dads the other day where it isn't linked to live and I could ony play trial games that I had downloaded! first few levels etc

Comment

You cant play your arcade titles offline once you have had a change of 360.

Comment

or to put it the otherway around, you have to be online to play the games.

Comment

That's quite shocking, are Ms going to do anything about that?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                  or to put it the otherway around, you have to be online to play the games.
                  I take it you have to be online to access any extra content in regular games too? Basically if you're not online you're screwed right.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Call them up. I called to complain and they've told me they can't actually link the content to your new box, but they will give you the points on another account to let you buy them again.

The way things work is that it's tied into your serial number first, and your gamertag second. If the serial matches up, that's good enough, it doesn't care about your gamertag (which is why anyone on the box can play it initially) but if the serial is different, it has to connect to the servers to verify it.

They ended up giving me 4x 2000 point codes so I could re-buy everything again on another account. (none of them worked though...)

Comment

Originally posted by andrewfee
                      They ended up giving me 4x 2000 point codes so I could re-buy everything again on another account. (none of them worked though...)
                      Lol, that's shocking.

Comment

Working...
                      X