Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A basic Javascript question. Help a div out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A basic Javascript question. Help a div out.

Hi again.

Trying to make a dialog box come up on a page so that people have to click ok to continue, because I've made a change that people need to know about.
    How do you do it?
    I've tried to steal it from somewhere else but am having trouble even finding a page that does it these days and can't find it in Dreamweaver's help.
    Code listing appreciated.

Cheers!
    Last edited by vertigo; 30-08-2006, 19:55.

Something like an "ok box" popping up when a page loads, right? Javascript. Unfortunately my webmastering knowledge stops here. As far as I know basic HTML does not handle similar dialog boxex, while javascript does. It shouldn't be too hard to find instructions for it, it's like "hello world" in BASIC.

Comment

Yeh, it's Javascript. I thought so. Topic title edited to show that. Oddly, I'm having real trouble finding anything to tell me how to do it, which is really irritating, hence considering myself a div and asking for help

Comment

google for "javascript dialogue box". First link has all the stuff you could possibly want. It's even got examples you can click on. The page has examples of the code. Or if you want to see how it integrates into the html, do "view/source" (if you are using IE).

Comment

Hurrah!
          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X