Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBOX 360 Wireless Controller & Core Pack

Hi

I got a free XBox 360 with my GF's new Orange Contract.
    It was the core pack.
    Looking to add the wireless controller, and I was wondering about the range / signal strength. Ideally I want to plonk the thing in our PC room, which is behind a plasterboard wall about 8ft away.

Tried searching the forum, but not much joy.
    Any similar setups and/or experiences?

Also what limitations does the core pack have (and can they be overcome ie No HDD but buy a HDD add-on?)

Thanks v.much for any info

Originally posted by DIS_1
    Hi

I got a free XBox 360 with my GF's new Orange Contract.
    It was the core pack.
    Looking to add the wireless controller, and I was wondering about the range / signal strength. Ideally I want to plonk the thing in our PC room, which is behind a plasterboard wall about 8ft away.

Tried searching the forum, but not much joy.
    Any similar setups and/or experiences?

Also what limitations does the core pack have (and can they be overcome ie No HDD but buy a HDD add-on?)

Thanks v.much for any info
    No limitations, everything is compatible with both types.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ta

Been away from gaming for a while. . . other than videogames.ca, any suppliers or links to usefull info for buying these bits? I'd rather give my dosh to a small business than to Game / EB.

Any idea regarding the controller issue?

Comment

Not too sure how sucessful you'll be if the controller signal has to go through a wall. I take it your TV will be in a different room? There is a reciever on the front of the console, so I wouldn't be too sure about having a wall in the way. Saying that the controller signal is VERY strong, and doesn't get broken when people walk in front of the unit, or if there are things like coffee tables in the way. So if it's a plaster wall it may work. The 8 foot range is nothing to worry about, they work a long way away.
        If you want to save your game, or download content you will need to buy either a mem card, (Not very big storage wise) or a HD which are about ?70, it's worth forking out for the HD because, to be honest if you keep the console for a while you will eventually have to buy one!

Comment

Ta

Been away from gaming for a while. . . other than videogames.ca, any suppliers or links to usefull info for buying these bits? I'd rather give my dosh to a small business than to Game / EB.

Any idea regarding the controller issue?
          Controllers go quite far 8 ft should prolly be ok, I'm not sure the TV cables are 8ft though.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Best place for a HD is probably play.com.

CLICK ME!

Sixty five notes on there with free postage.

Comment

Thanks for your help, I'll give it a whirl and buy a wireless controller. Can you get controller extension leads just in case?

Mad idea, but could a controller extension cable be used and plonk the wireless transmitter at the end?

Comment

I've walked more than 8ft away from my 360, with walls between us, and it's still worked fine.

Comment

Thanks for your help, I'll give it a whirl and buy a wireless controller. Can you get controller extension leads just in case?

Mad idea, but could a controller extension cable be used and plonk the wireless transmitter at the end?
                  You can probably get extensions, but 8 ft is nothing, I really don't think you'll need it. I've switched my 360 on from the kitchen using the pad before while making a coffee, and that's more than 8 feet away.

edit*

Originally posted by xbox.com
                  High-performance wireless gaming is here! Using optimized technology, the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller lets you enjoy a 30-foot range and up to 40 hours of life on two AA batteries?and when they run low, you're given ample warning so you can connect a Play & Charge cable for uninterrupted play. Plug the Xbox 360 Headset into the controller for full duplex voice communication: a wireless first.
                  LINK

So there you go, 30 feet.
                  Last edited by jimmbob; 31-08-2006, 14:10.

Comment

Working...
                  X