Best 26inch LCD HDTV ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best 26inch LCD HDTV ?

I'm after a 26inch HDTV for the front room. I've seen so many and I'm just getting confused now. Prices appear to range from ?599 ish for an LG model up to ?750 - ?800 for a Samsung or Sony, I guess I need 2x Scart + Component inputs and at least 1x HDMI.

Any suggestions or places to buy cheaper than the above ?

Thanks

LG are the best in that price range I reckon, much better than the comparable Samsung ones.

The Sony Bravia screens seem to be very well recieved judging from opinions here, but they are more expensive, and I don't think they have a DVI input for PC use (The LG has HDMI as well as a VGA-compatible DVI-I).

x2 Scart ports is pretty pointless, as 99% of the time one of the Scart ports is for RGB/Composite, the other is for S-Video/Composite.

Comment

ebuyer has a 27" visitron for ?400. They seem to be getting good reviews on the site and on avforums

Comment

I'm really happy with the Samsung LE26R41BDX I got at Christmas, it has all of the inputs I need and was cheaper than the shops from play.com at about ?650. This model has now been updated (and looks even better) at the same price also from play.com. The Sony Bravias look nice but are much more expensive. Depends on your budget I suppose.

Comment

Brother just bought the 26" LG actually. Looks the business. SD is a bit off, but the DVD/PC/component connections are good.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

One more question, so I need the manufacturers wall mount or are there cheaper generic ones available ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unwell Cat
              One more question, so I need the manufacturers wall mount or are there cheaper generic ones available ?
              depending on which tv you get it SHOULD say somewhere on the spec "VESA WALL MOUNT" which is a 'standard' of sorts when it comes to wall brackets. you should be able to pick one up cheaper than the official one.

Comment

Right, I've seen this for ?499.00. Please tell me it looks ok ?

Komplett Group is the largest online-first electronics retailer with a core focus on consumer electronics and gaming products in Scandinavia. The group has continuously been at the forefront of online retail and developed the e-commerce industry in Scandinavia.

It doesn't have HDMI but has a DVI ( HDCP ) port so I can use that for Sky HD with a DVI - HDMI convertor and either the VGA or Component for the 360.
                Last edited by Unwell Cat; 04-09-2006, 14:59.

Comment

Working...
                X