Phantasy Star Online Gamecube: Info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantasy Star Online Gamecube: Info please

I need information for the Gamecube version. What are the online subscription fees, and where do I go to sign up etc?

Also, can I use a controller and a keyboard at the same time, as the all in one keyboard is rather pricey. i.e. Can I use a controller in port 1 and the keyboard in port 2?

For multiplayer offline, how does this work? Do I have to use one memory card, or can other people level up on their Gamecubes, and bring the memory card over to my place for multiplayer? Can more than one person go online per Gamecube (wishful thinking I suppose)?

Cheers.

Originally posted by MR_BEN
    I need information for the Gamecube version. What are the online subscription fees, and where do I go to sign up etc?
    From memory, the uk version is ?5.99 a month, and the Japanese version is 600Yen a month (about ?3.50). You can sign up within the game for the Japanese version, and I think for the US/Pal release you can also sign up over the web. Can't remember the url though.

Also, can I use a controller and a keyboard at the same time, as the all in one keyboard is rather pricey. i.e. Can I use a controller in port 1 and the keyboard in port 2?
    Yes you can, the combined controller actually has two cables running from it. For example you could use the ?20 datel keyboard in port 2, and your normal controller in port 1. The ASCII controller is great through, suprisingly comfortable

For multiplayer offline, how does this work? Do I have to use one memory card, or can other people level up on their Gamecubes, and bring the memory card over to my place for multiplayer? Can more than one person go online per Gamecube (wishful thinking I suppose)?
    1 memory card can now handle 4 characters, and you can also import 'temporary' characters from other memory cards to play offline with. So yeah, your mates could level up at home, then go round yours and play together offline.

Only one person at a time online though.

Comment

You can sign up via. the 'cube or online using your PC; same interface for both.

Comment

I plan to have a credit card equipped friend get the monthly licence for me. Those of you who have experience with the registration/payment process please advise: to avoid hassle, should I have my friend sign up in my stead right from the beginning (like if you have to enter contact info/CC number before you can play at all) and just give me the licence number? Also: he lives in the US, and my copy of PSO will be PAL. Any problems here?

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
        X