Xbox Live and opening the NAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox Live and opening the NAT

Right. I'm having some really warped troubles.

My network configuration is this.

Router --Wireless--> PC --Wired--> Xbox 360

The night before last, connecting through my laptop resulted in an open NAT. However I started having complaints about nobody being able to connect to my games, and saints row took ABSOLUTELY AGES to connect to any games.

I re-checked the connection test and it had suddenly gone to strict.

So I ran it through my desktop PC, at which point it was open.

Just checked it now. It's gone strict!

Now as far as UPnP is concerned, do I have to be on a certain IP for it to work? I don't get how sometimes when I connect, it works, but the majority of the time it just doesn't.

I'm using BT 8mb, with their supplied BT Home Hub router.

That sounds like a whole world of firewall.

I don't think the UPnp should make any difference, it may be the router or the PC dyanmically blocking ports

Comment

PC has never been a problem at all - I've been running my live connection like this since I got it on launch last year, and it's only recently started playing up.

Router may be the problem.

I'll take a look at desktop PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X
        PC has never been a problem at all - I've been running my live connection like this since I got it on launch last year, and it's only recently started playing up.

Router may be the problem.

I'll take a look at desktop PC.
        Try turning off all the firewall gubbins on the PC and see if that helps

Comment

No difference unfortunately. Trying it through the laptop again.

Comment

AND NOW IT'S OPEN!

Sussed it out. I needed to delete the existing port mappings on my PC.

Let the xbox re-create them on the PC and now it's open. It's oooooooopennnnnnnnnn ^_^

Comment

Working...
            X