Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chip in my PS2?

That question again!

I have a Sakura PS2 that i would like chipped as i seem to be spending more and more time in the bedroom where it is located. Dont want to move the chipped PS2 from the front room as that one is white and it would **** up the Feng Shui sumfink rotten.

Any ideas/takers?

Old Jelly Boy?

So you're not sure what chip to install??

Otherwise, just buy a HDAdvance if you're only interested in playing backups/import...

Comment

Its just so i can play my US games in the bedroom.

Chip wise i know what to go for,just not sure who to get to do it

What do i need for a HD set up,and how costly will it work out?

Comment

There was a link to a place that does em' in this forum somewhere I think mate, ghostfitter or something along those lines.

Comment

Cheers mate.

Did a search and it came up with this thread! I'll give it a Google.

Got it

Thanks Steve.

Beaten by those quick fingers!
          Last edited by Pavey; 14-09-2006, 09:13.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey
              I have a Sakura PS2
              You mean a pink Taisen version? MMh, then this will screw up your Zen state, because you'll need a broad band adaptor for PS2 (to connect the HD)and as far as I know they're only in black... There's also a possibility to connect a USB HD, but it's not as fast as IDE and takes up more space.

Anyway, what you'll need is this:
              1 BBA: about ?28,00
              1 HD: 250Gig about ?80,00
              1 HDAdvance pack: about ?35,00 (NTSC JAP version for NTSC JAP consoles!)

Be sure to get the latest version (3.0), this supports network with PC via FTP (I think it's up- & download), DVD-9 games and lots of settings & the latest patches for some games.

You can only put PS2 games on it, nothing else.
              There's 2 discs, one with largest TOC for DVD-games and one with largest TOC for CD-games (but most of the time the DVD version works also with CD-games).

For import and backups you'll have to get a slide card (MAY destroy your drive eventually), or a fliptop (recommended, but be sure to get the exact type), or just unscrew the PS2 and leave it open until all of your import (PAL?) games are on the HD & close it up afterwards (not difficult at all, I do it from time to time).

there are very few games that don't work with HDAdvance, and I haven't tried anything else than originals, so you'l have to try it out.
              There's a database for every game tested on the site below.

When the games are on the HD, just leave the DVD version boot disc in the tray, it has to boot every time to detect the HD, from there you can select any game: you don't need to open it up afterwards.

This may sound difficult and confusion, but it's really easy to use.
              Check the link here http://www.hdadvance.com/

Cheers

Comment

I still have a spare DMS3+ if your interested.
                Boots everything and includes booting HD Loader/HD Advance from mem card which is what I do.
                Looks like you'll have to find some spray paint for the BBA

The only game I have that doesn't work with HDL/HDA is SotC.

Comment

These guys are great too, I've had a modded slimline off them and everything went fine:

Your Device Repaired Fast! 1 Hour and Same Day Tech and Phone Repair Service's. Repair Broken Screens for iPhone iPad Samsung. Soldering HDMI Port and Control Chip IC's. Repairs for PS5 PS4 Xbox X. Fix for Samsung Tablets Laptop PC Consoles Oppo Sony Microsoft Dell HP. Over 20 Year Business Repair Shop Crewe Cheshire.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinebi
                    You mean a pink Taisen version?

It's just called the Sakura Pink one. No Taisen.

The hd loader sounds like a bit of ag,compared to what i need,which is really just for playing US games.

Thanks for the helps/links everyone.

Comment

I got the Ghost 2 in my Machine

It works REALLY REALLY well. Just thought i would mention it. I have no compatibilty issues at all. My PS2 is just like a region free machine

Comment

I've got a DMS4 Lite in my slimline. Works perfectly, and if you want the ability to install games to the HD you can go for the DMS4 Pro which supports it on the chip without needing to pay extra for the HD Loader.

Comment

Working...
                        X