Arcades in the Preston area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arcades in the Preston area?

I've just moved upto Preston for uni, and I'm wondering if there's anywhere with cabs or an arcade in the city centre area?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, any help would be appreciated.

You have more chance of finding Elvis in Preston than any arcades.

Bit of a spam post but that's all there is to be said really.

Comment

Oh well, it's not like I'll be that upset, Warrington never had any, so it's not like I'll be missing anything.

Comment

Hehe, well done I just left there this year. Nothing in the town centre but the capital centre has a DDR machine and a couple other things, they had Time Crisis 3 when I went there a few years ago. Not really walking distance though and full of scallies with shellsuit bottoms tucked into socks

Tell Karl the film guy that Ryan says hi

Oh yeah, game shop-wise - Gamestation was always not bad for preowned stuff but you gotta navigate your way around people doing market research to get to it There's a GAME in St. Georges shopping centre but it's small and nothing special. There's also an indie in town, or there was when I was there but it was expensive and reminded me of those places that gradually turn into mobile phone cover shops. Oh and Blockbuster can be good for some old preowned bargains, especially if you have a PS2.

Gimme a shout if you need directions, I have the whole town etched into my brain
        Last edited by stainboy; 14-09-2006, 15:25.

Comment

Aye, I've seen the GameStation, decent selection of DC games in there currently. Saw both GAME's too, I avoid them anyway, because I work for GameStation Warrington on weekends anyway, so discount init.

I walked past an indie... Well it was clsoed and had a for sale sign over it, I'm certain. What was it called?

'ere whats the best way to get to ASDA by bus. :P

May check out the place with the DDR to see if they have anything decent now.

Comment

Oh I forgot about that other GAME, d'oh. Can't remember the name of the indie, was it near the big square? On the way towards one of the clubs? (squires + new york, new york)

Get the 22 or 23 to ASDA, they go right there. They go right through uni past the library so you'll have seen millions going past you. Never bother with the Sainsbury's it's crap. Loads of people go to ALDI which you might have seen by now, it's where Blockbuster is, I lived in Brunel Court one year so it was right next to us so we used ALDI then but I don't think it's that cheap and the stuff is crap.

Comment

Aye, went down ALDI for a loaf this morning, the dates are crap. :P I'm in Moor Lane, that Indie, can't think at all what it's called, I think the sign was blue. You know how it's all a one way system, and that road is McD's, GS etc? It's one road behind those I think, because the road headed back down to Whetherspoons.

Comment

Go up past McDonalds, GameStation, etc, turn left at the top and along there? That was it, and they used to have a sign out pointing in their direction. All prices were RRP when we tried em after they opened, I think they started renting games after that though.

Ah Moor Lane, they were building that when I was in Whitendale, the Uni halls opposite. You're not in a bad position there for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by stainboy
                  Go up past McDonalds, GameStation, etc, turn left at the top and along there? That was it, and they used to have a sign out pointing in their direction. All prices were RRP when we tried em after they opened, I think they started renting games after that though.

Ah Moor Lane, they were building that when I was in Whitendale, the Uni halls opposite. You're not in a bad position there for everything.
                  Gravity Games it was called and it is indeed closed..

Theres another place that has a small selection of games in the shopping centre right near McDonalds, forgot what the shopping centre is called, but its in that entrance, go up the escalator and its on your left.

They have a bit of retro, but its very limited and you have to ask to see it (dont know why). Ive seen them selling on ebay and was tempted to buy off them, but they told me id have to still pay a ?1 fee if I went and picked the game up.. sod that!

Comment

Gravity Games, that was it! They didn't last long did they but then I'm not suprised

Forgot about that place you mentioned chaoticjelly, I've forgotten their name as well. I used to browse the display cases at the front a lot but barely ever go in

Comment

Working...
                    X