DS Lite on the cheap, where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS Lite on the cheap, where?

For my mother's birthday. She wants her own brand new DS Lite, doesn't mind what colour.

From the US. You'll still need to find a UK PSU though, which will mean it costs about the same as a UK one.

Comment

DS Lite AC adaptor. 3 quid. Done.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
        DS Lite AC adaptor. 3 quid. Done.
        Plus ?3 postage.

I looked the DS Lite up on VideoGamesPlus.ca and with p&p it came to ?75. I don't know if there are other suppliers who are cheaper, but for something like that I don't think it'd be worth the hassle to me just to save ?18 - not if you were unlucky & got a duff unit that had to be sent back. And if you got slapped for import duty you'd surely be out of pocket.

Also, you can get 3 years accidental damage insurance at Argos for ?16. That might well be very good value for some people.

Stroller.

Comment

DS lite in the states works out about 65 quid, ideally if you know someone over there get em to post you one then it will work out about 75 quid plus the fiver for the charger so 20% discount

Comment

Originally posted by oblivion_6
            DS lite in the states works out about 65 quid, ideally if you know someone over there get em to post you one then it will work out about 75 quid plus the fiver for the charger so 20% discount
            I do indeed have contacts in the States, I'll see what that can do, I'm sure they could help.

Comment

Was going to bring up the issue of dead pixels, but hey, I'll get my contact in the US to check the machine before they send it.

Man, the exchange rate is really good for us consumers at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by oblivion_6
                DS lite in the states works out ... about 75 quid plus the fiver for the charger so 20% discount
                Like I said, that's not worth the worry for me. If it were 20% of ?500 then I'd probably go for it, and I'll probably import a Wii in order to play US games as soon as they come out, but I'd be annoyed with myself if I got a unit with a dead pixel and couldn't change it, just to save ?20. Obviously this isn't a worry if you have friends or family in the US.

Also, Game have the DS Lite with a game for ?100. I'm not sure if they do the same offer in store or whether you have to pay postage, but it might be worth looking into.

Stroller.

Comment

Toys R Us have an offer on until tomorrow: Nintendo DS Lite New Super Mario Pack plus a free ?29.99 game. You get a DS Lite, New Super Mario Bros. plus another game, and a Competition Pro Starter Pack, which includes: three stylus pens, a slip case, screen protectors, and a cleaning cloth, for ?129.89.

Comment

Working...
                  X