Postage problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postage problem

I sent something about a week ago via recorded delivery.

I got an email yesterday from the buyer, telling me it had not been recieved. I checked the RM website, and it says it has been delivered. I looked at the signature, and it didn't match the buyers name.

I think RM might have delivered to the wrong address. Can i claim compensation for refunding the buyer?

if its recorded del you will only be able to claim the ?30 its worth

Comment

this happened to me and the guy who signed for the parcel owned the shop underneath his flat

send the guy the name of the guy who signed for it and he might know him

Comment

postie is always doing this to me, gets my neighbour to sign for it while im out, but doesnt bother leaving a while u were out card

Comment

Bit of a grey area this one, the best thing to do is ask the buyer if the signiature belongs to his neighbour or someone else who lives at his address, like a flatmate or girlfriend, and if that doesn't help fill out the online customer services form at royalmail.com or call 08457 740 740 to make a complaint. They'll send a query form through to the delivery office and they'll ask the postman who delivered it where he delivered it, which should establish if it wasn't delivered correctly. If it turns out it was incorrectly delivered you should be able to claim up to 100 x first class postage so about ?34.

Originally posted by mr ooops
          doesnt bother leaving a while u were out card
          Bring this up with your postie. If that doesn't help, phone your delivery office and ask a manager to have a word.

Comment

think its lack of staff tbh, i seem to get a different postie every other week, 6 months ago had the perfect postie, but they moved him to a different route, now it just seems as if who ever finishes there round first gets to do our road (mail ranges from 8am - 1pm) if doesnt improve i'll have a word with them.

Comment

It might be the postman want a different walk.

every postman will have a week off every six weeks (due to 6 working days which is called floating week off) and 28 days holidays plus bank holidays a year. So that is about 13 weeks off roughly.

Sometime the route don't have a regular postman as nobody want to make it their walk as it is too heavy / tough / time consuming.

Have a word with the local sorting office to find out who is the postman and then they might be able to tell you who is it.

Which town is it for anyway.

Comment

Only the night staff have rotational weeks, all posties have rotational days off (at our office).

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I've sent the buyer the tracking number and asked him to use the RM website to check the signature, hopefully it will be his neighbour or something.

Comment

My postie signs them for me and drops them through. Doesn't bother me as it saves me a trip to the queue of misery at the sorting office on a Saturday morning.

Last week a woman in front of me was insisting she had been carded, but she couldn't remember the colour of the card or if it was Royal Mail. She claimed her dog had eaten it so she didn't even have any pieces left. The RM guy couldn't find a thing but she wasn't budging. Neither did she know what she was expecting or who had sent her it.

I almost lost the will to live as the poor RM guy went backwards and forwards between the store and the front desk.

Comment

If your ringing Royal Mail you might like to use the geographical equivalent of the 0845 number posted above.. if you have a call plan the call might be free..or could get it included in mobile phone contract minutes..

01752 387112 Royal Mail Customer Services

Comment

Turns out it was at the buyers neighbours house after all. Thanks again for the replies.

Comment

Working...
                        X