Good scart switcher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good scart switcher?

Anyone got a good scart switcher that has passed the test of time and (crucially) can still be bought?

That is a box for 3 or 4 inputs/consoles with one output to TV. Happy with a manual switch and would prefer passive/unpowered (unless there’s a good reason for power).

I have a Hitachi one that was good but after a few years at least one of the inputs stopped displaying correctly, instead showing a tint (think it was green, may have been yellow). Now it’s losing signal for my OG Xbox and so useless (no problems plugged straight in to TV).

Found a few of these on eBay - Philips - any good?

Depends on your budget.
    There's the gscartsw, the SCA-101 (which I own), or the Hydra. The latter has a very divisive reputation in the community, I appear to have used one of the few that played nice with all consoles I hooked up...others classify it as one of the worst. You can always try to find a good old Joytech 965.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
      Depends on your budget.
      There's the gscartsw, the SCA-101 (which I own), or the Hydra. The latter has a very divisive reputation in the community, I appear to have used one of the few that played nice with all consoles I hooked up...others classify it as one of the worst. You can always try to find a good old Joytech 965.
      Thanks for the suggestions. Budget wise probably £50 max. I don’t want to spend top dollar considering it’s likely to get relatively little or at least sporadic use. I also don’t need more than 3 inputs really.

Comment

Working...
      X