Gamecube problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamecube problems

Going through all my collection to see what i don't need anymore, and first up is my gamecube. JP launch machine modded by Lik-Sang with US/JP switch, and at some point i got second hand modded official scart cable about 15-20 ago years off here, definitely working the last time i turn the NGC on about 10 years ago...

now, the AV out mostly works, picture is fine but it only produces left channel for audio (retrotink picks it up on the component channel, while RGB gives a signal, no picture, but gives left audio)

while the Digital AV part of the cable doesn't seem to work at all, tried it through the (LCD)TV scart cable and through my retrotink but produces no signal.

Any idea where i would start to try and fix it myself?
    Last edited by Tobal; 19-01-2024, 10:28.

You can start by checking for excess dust and oxidation both inside and outside. Do you still have a composite cable to check out?

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Little dust on it, but cleaned it off, still the same problems. Opened it up, not experienced with spotting oxidation, but going on googling it up i'm looking for orange'ing/rusting of the copper wiring and i think it spotted the problem see in the picture, fourth connector from the right looks pretty bad.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like Tobaluk2020.

Comment

Working...
      X