Paypal - accessing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal - accessing problems

Could some other kind folk please try logging into paypal? I seem to be having problems accessing the site/ signing in I've just changed my ISP so i'm wondering if it has anything to do with that?

I'm getting no problems myself.

Comment

Works fine for me too.

Comment

Hmmm, still not working for me. Perhaps i've messed with my internet security settings, what do i need to have enabled/disabled to allow a site like Paypal to work, i seem to remember having an issue like this before...

Comment

Really need some ideas on this guys, i need to pay a couple of forum members and still can't access Paypal! I've downloaded what appears to be the latest version of IE and checked that SSL3.0 and TLS1.0 are activated in the security settings. Basically it just takes an absolute age for the Paypal site to load up, if it does at all, and on the rare occasion it gets to te sign in page the same thing happens - just takes an age to load up, before giving up.
          This is driving me nuts, pretty urgent help needed!

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants
            Really need some ideas on this guys, i need to pay a couple of forum members and still can't access Paypal! I've downloaded what appears to be the latest version of IE and checked that SSL3.0 and TLS1.0 are activated in the security settings. Basically it just takes an absolute age for the Paypal site to load up, if it does at all, and on the rare occasion it gets to te sign in page the same thing happens - just takes an age to load up, before giving up.
            This is driving me nuts, pretty urgent help needed!
            Assuming it's paypal.com, I have;

cookies enabled for paypal.com
            javascript allowed for paypal.com and paypalobjects.com

I don't use paypal.co.uk but I guess there are similar settings.

Hope that this has been of some help.
            Last edited by NeoStuey; 15-10-2006, 10:06.

Comment

I'm a total PC dunce i'm afraid, how would i go about enabling paypal cookies and javascript?

Comment

I get problems when clicking on 'details' of transactions..

Firefox sometimes alleviates the problems.. you could try that! Its much faster than IE anyway.

Comment

I am afraid that I use Firefox, and can't remember how to do such things in IE.

This next bit comes with a disclaimer as I don't know if it help, hinder or render your PC completely open to any security issues.

I would have thought that if your internet security settings were at the default level, javascipt and cookies would be enabled.

You can try checking under tools, internet options, privacy tab to see what level of blocking is in effect on the cookies, it might be set too high.

I think the java script bit is in the security tab under custom settings and somewhere in the list will be a bit about javascripts. I think it can either be at allow or prompt to work.

I'm a bit paranoid about security settings myself. With Firefox I can run everything blocked and add sites that I trust to an exceptions list for both scripts using the NoScript plug in and the Firefox privacy options for cookies. I have no idea how this level of customising is done in IE, so after getting into paypal I personally would restore the settings back to the levels they were at before visting unkown or untrusted sites.

Sorry that I can't be of anymore help.

Comment

Thanks guys, well i can get Paypal to load up ok now now but when i click the 'log in' tab nothing happens. I'm pretty sure there's just a setting somewhere that's wrong but everything i've checked/know about seems ok.
                    Installed Firefox to try that, copied my settings across so i still had my favourites etc but Paypal has the same problem on this, probably cos i copied my IE settings across (and hence the problem itself) Tried uninstalling and reinstlling Firefox so i can select not to copy my IE settings across, but i no longer get this option when i install it! Aaaaaargh!!!!

Comment

ur not with talktalk as ur isp are u?

i know there are some sites that u cannot access with talk talk. something to do with ssl settings. i cannot access hotmail.

Comment

I am indeed with Talktalk! If that's true that's a joke, where does that leave me??
                        Edit : Hotmail is working fine for me though
                        Last edited by Oh_Mutants; 15-10-2006, 12:39.

Comment

Now i've just uninstallled and reinstalled Internet Explorer 7 and when i open IE it says it's running with add ons disabled??? It didnt do this before. and i cant seem to enable them as 'manage add ons' is blacked out! Please help!

Comment

i know, i cant understand why this happens. Anyway it seems that this problem is known to talktalk. Scroll down on the link below and there is a tab that says 'i cannot access certain sites'. It will take u to another page which has a program which u can download. Follow the instructions and it should work for you. However, i have tried this and i still cannot access hotmail. Im going to have to contact talktalk to find ou if there is another way. hope it helps!!

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/s...BBHELP.BBTROUB

Comment

Thanks bob123 Unfortunately it didn't work though and the link to submit my username and password still doesn't work

Comment

Working...
                              X