OG Xbox Arcade Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OG Xbox Arcade Stick

I have a modded OG Xbox for MAME etc. and wondered if there are many options for an arcade stick.

The only one I can find is this model by Gamester.

No idea about ones produced specifically for the Xbox, but maybe consider a PS2 -> Xbox controller adapter? They should be inexpensive and would open up tons of options for sticks, from the classic Namco PS1 ones to Hori Real Arcade Pros etc.

Comment

I'm sure that's the stick I have for the Xbox. I'll check when I'm at home.

Comment

Your best options in that era were the Namco PS1 stick and the Soul Calibur 2 and RAP sticks from Hori but I don't think there were any equivalents to those for the Xbox. If you've got a stick for any other, newer system I'd expect it's got better parts than that Gamester one and as such would also be inclined to say you're better off using that through a converter. I don't have personal experience but I know Brook gets a lot of love for these devices, the Brook Wingman XB2 looks to be their most recent. I remember there's some firmware blocking on MS's side that stopped these working with the Series S/X consoles on account of mistakenly flagging them as cheat devices, but for 360/OG Xbox they should be fine.

Comment

Cheers chaps. Appreciate the help.

Comment

I used the HORI Soul Calibur 2 stick with an adapter, which I really resented because I'm not a Soul Calibur fan at all.

Comment

Working...
            X