New Super Mario Bros - Saving? + other DS recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Super Mario Bros - Saving? + other DS recommendations

I am thinking about getting a Nintendo DS soon and would very much like to fall in love with a traditional 2D platformer for the first time. However, I have one serious reservation about them - the fact that you can't save between levels. I still have a copy of Super Mario Land for the Game Boy which I never completed .... Can anyone tell me if you can save in NSMB, or is it a case of constantly restarting. If it's the latter, is it do-able, so to speak, or is it a big challenge?

Whilst we're here, would you mind recommending games? I'm interested in getting Yoshi Touch n Go, as it seems to have made a good use of the touch screen, but otherwise I don't really know. I generally like adventure-style games, either combat or (better still) point n clicks.

thanks in advance,

mono.

There is a way to save after every 2 or 3 levels, Just spend 5 coins on the map and it will give you a save option.

All will make sense when if get the game.

Comment

True, theres about 10 minutes at most between save points in mario so you'll be fine!

Comment

if you want something fun that uses the DS's abilities then there is no finer recomendation than Wario Ware

Comment

Saving in NSMB is basically the same as in SMW, you get to save after a castle type level or even if you spend coins to enter a toad house (which happens a lot). Other than that you can always just close the DS and continue next time and after you beat the game you can save whenever you want. So in short, it's a real non issue and I don't understand why people keep bringing it up as a problem .

Comment

I actually waited until I completed it before bothering to collect all the coins, as you can save it at any point once you complete it.

Comment

Thanks for that, guys - can you just answer one further question: does the DS lite have the wifi capabilities built it? If not, where's the cheapest place to buy the adaptor?

thanks!

Comment

It has wifi built in

My friend took my copy a while ago when he went Canada and his cousins went on my file and spent all my coins I wanted to buy them...

Comment

I generally like adventure-style games, either combat or (better still) point n clicks.
                  Phoenix Wright. All you need. The courtroom battles are played slightly differently but at heart it is a good old point and click adventure with a cracking story.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock
                    Phoenix Wright. All you need. The courtroom battles are played slightly differently but at heart it is a good old point and click adventure with a cracking story.
                    Aha! thank you Mr. Rock.

Comment

Working...
                    X