Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent Help Now Needed With XBMC 2.0 Install

Hi all,

I'm having real trouble upgrading my version of XBMC to the latest one. I can't compile the source myself so I've tried to download a pre-compiled binary from newsgroups, all I can find are ISOs which I either can't seem to burn properly or don't know what to do with them.

All the guides I've seen just talk about copying files onto my Xbox via FTP, trouble is I don't know which files these are!

-=-EDIT-=-

Now I managed to find the appropriate files & tried to follow the instructions on the xbmc website for upgrading but I couldn't copy the skins directory over the old one, I assume because it was using the skins at the time. Now I can't boot my Xbox as it says:

XBMC Fatal Error:
    No suitable skin version found.
    We require at least version 2.0000

It then says it is starting the FTP server but for some reason I cannot access the F drive which is where the XBMC directory is located.

Any help greatly appreciated,

ph0rce
    Last edited by ph0rce; 22-10-2006, 18:51. Reason: Kind Of Fucked It Up!!!

Seems strange they are isos. Should just be a bunch of files that you replace your current xbmc files with.

Comment

Just grab it off the XBMC FTP server.

URL: xbmp.uk.xbins.org
      User name: xbins
      Password: homebrew
      Port: 21

That's their official server, so you can download the latest release from there. It'll be a RAR file containing the XBMC files with which you replace the old ones on your Xbox hard drive.

Comment

Updated first post, kind of messed it up!

Comment

Hmmm, when I try to alter somthing in XBMC, I always use boxplorer.That's like using dos instead of windows, get it? The OS you're trying to alter isn't running at that moment...

Comment

Working...
          X